The Muppets Episode 4 - Pig Out

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig Out"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I've been wondering, and am just now getting around to asking: Why does Pepe look tired when he sings "Love Shack"? He starts getting tired eyelids and keeps them until the next day, but it's only the second song (that we see). Does he get tired that easily? It's not like they'd had an evening, or like this performance came after the Muppets decided to stay out all night. He's the only one who looks tired by the time Miss Piggy convinces them to be late for work.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
One thing I've been wondering, and am just now getting around to asking: Why does Pepe look tired when he sings "Love Shack"? He starts getting tired eyelids and keeps them until the next day, but it's only the second song (that we see). Does he get tired that easily? It's not like they'd had an evening, or like this performance came after the Muppets decided to stay out all night. He's the only one who looks tired by the time Miss Piggy convinces them to be late for work.
Alcohol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do they ever actually say that they're singing karaoke? I think I've seen it in descriptions, but it seems to me like they never actually show a lyrics screen with the characters to look at. So maybe they all know the songs well enough that they try their hands at singing without looking at the screens (though when I sing karaoke, it seems like the songs go a bit faster than the original recordings).

TV Tropes mentions that this episode shows that The Swedish Chef can rap in English (though TV Tropes notes that he sang in very accented English). Was he really singing the song in English? I can't really tell what he's saying when he sings, but the song is one that goes fast, and I'm not entirely sure what some of the English lyrics are.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Do they ever actually say that they're singing karaoke? I think I've seen it in descriptions, but it seems to me like they never actually show a lyrics screen with the characters to look at. So maybe they all know the songs well enough that they try their hands at singing without looking at the screens (though when I sing karaoke, it seems like the songs go a bit faster than the original recordings).
Even if you don't see the lyrics anywhere (it might be a rights thing), it's pretty obvious it's karaoke. It's a bar, after all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even if you don't see the lyrics anywhere (it might be a rights thing), it's pretty obvious it's karaoke. It's a bar, after all.
Maybe showing lyrics was a rights thing, but I still feel there should have been a visible screen (even if it's shot from behind) for them to look at.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thread bump.

My review:

This was another funny episode! I liked seeing Statler and Walforf get more screen time than just being two one-joke characters as we usually know them as. I laughed seeing Statler accidentally getting hit by Fozzie’s shirt and I thought it was funny and cute that Fozzie wanted to make up for it, only to be humiliated in the end. The plot of Miss Piggy bringing the gang with her to a bar and singing karaoke was great, and I laughed at the fact that everyone was completely hungover the next day (though seeing Scooter without his glasses was pretty creepy). Seeing Ed Helms guest star in this episode made me smile because he’s one of my favorite movie/TV actors. Overall, great episode.