Sesame Street Documentary "Sesame Street: 50 Years of Sunny Days"

theSHE124

Reaction score
I didn't know a Muppet designer would be proud of Julia's appearance on SS. She even had an autistic daughter she struggled to raise. I'm touched by that the most, as it makes me wonder if I ever hurt my mom's feelings just because of my childhood eating habits...

I know how much y'all wanted to hear more Muppet history, (and yes, they did a great shoutout to them! :laugh:) and we know of other docu's that can do that. In these sensitive times, however, describing worst-case scenarios can no longer ignore the children factor. It hasn't shown everything like the 4-part Storm story, but it's crystal clear that Sesame Workshop responds to sensitive situations in order to bring trust, build education, and just plain helping out any kinda community. If y'all are wondering what SS is gonna be after Caroll Spinney, I'm starting to see it now!

I am grateful for Sesame Workshop outreaching to every child as possible and more. We all need to outreach with an open hand instead of a closed fist. This is something I'm always looking forward to see.

We will Outreach again
[They are a worthy example of the pic I designed in the link. 💖]
:wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown::grouchy::insatiable::super::batty::search:...:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was interesting seeing them make the new characters, seeing them put fabric on blocks of foam.

I wasn’t expecting it to be that (but I guess I didn’t really think about It). I was thinking that the puppets were entirely made by what was on the outside, that the fabric was naturally that color (or they dyed the material whatever color needed). I guess they couldn’t just do that with furry characters (and I have seen mentions of the Oscar puppet always having the same “skin”).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought the part with Stacey Gordon holding the Julia puppet and describing her and making her giggle was really sweet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was a nice, quiet little moment that kind of pulls at the heart strings a little. I remember in another interview with Stacey years ago where she said her husband told her that Julia "is starting to look more like you," to which she said it's because "Julia is me."

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Anyway, I thought the special was good for what was in it. I am glad they brought up Kami.