Your Thoughts: Server Move Saturday January 4, 2020

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our server move was a success. There are several outstanding issues with the site that will be updated as soon as possible.

The issues we are aware of are:

- Our DNS records around the world are not yet fully propagated, meaning that some will still see the old site for a few more hours. This will resolve itself within the next 12-24 hours.

- E-mails may be delayed for a few hours for the same reasons.

- Our mailing list and some of our other scripts need to be configured for the new server.

If you notice any other issues with the site or would like to comment on the server move please post here. We will be watching the server loads and activity closely over the next several days to monitor the new server under normal traffic.

Thank you for your understanding during the scheduled downtime.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only thought about this was we had no notice or heads-up about the move and forum downtime like we ordinarily do . . . or, if we did, I never saw it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My only thought about this was we had no notice or heads-up about the move and forum downtime like we ordinarily do . . . or, if we did, I never saw it.
Yes, this did occur more suddenly than normal.

We usually try to provide at least a week's notice whenever there will be significant downtime, however, that's not always possible to do.