Your Thoughts: Christmas Merrython on Muppet Central Radio

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our 22nd annual Muppet Christmas Merrython is now underway on Muppet Central Radio. From now through Christmas, we're playing the best Muppet Christmas music of all time. As you celebrate the season listen to Muppet Christmas music from the past 60 years.

Let us know your feedback on our annual Muppet Christmas Merrython.

Listen via TorontoCast:

Listen via Tune-In:

Listen via Apple Siri and Apple Music:
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Siri, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Amazon Alexa:
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio."
"Alexa, play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Listen via Google Nest and Google Home:
"Play Muppet Central Radio."
"Play Muppet Central Radio on TuneIn."

Promote Muppet Central Radio with this short url:
bit.ly/muppetradio

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I guess you have no control over the ads, but it's not that great that they happen in the middle of a song.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess you have no control over the ads, but it's not that great that they happen in the middle of a song.
Yes, as has been the case for a long time (dating back to Live365 and Radionomy), location-based advertisements may occasionally play in the middle of our stream. It helps keep Muppet Central Radio free for as many people as possible. Some users may not hear any ads at all if none are currently available in your area. It's 100% determined by your location and can change day by day.

Ideally, in an ad break, a track should end and the stream will be paused so the music resumes at the beginning of a track after the ad break concludes. Sometimes this works, but sometimes the stream needs to catch up so that's likely what you hear happening when a song begins in the middle of a track after the ad break plays.

We do play the minimum number of ads possible so that these interuptions do not occur too frequently. We hope that the transitions improve in the future so that they are more seamless.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Before now I didn't know that "Be Positive" was first sung a song from The Secret Life of Toys, I thought it was part of the other original songs from the album Truro Daydreams.

Also, in the version of "Happy Little Christmas Elves" sung by the Frackles after taking over Santa's workshop, is the third one named "Boppity"? It's a bit unclear, even in the track I have stored on my computer. Thanks. :scary:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Before now I didn't know that "Be Positive" was first sung a song from The Secret Life of Toys, I thought it was part of the other original songs from the album Truro Daydreams.
Yes, Jerry composed numerous songs for "The Secret Life of Toys" most notably "Be Positive" as you mentioned. Music from "The Secret Life of Toys" will also be added to our regular rotation next year.

Also, in the version of "Happy Little Christmas Elves" sung by the Frackles after taking over Santa's workshop, is the third one named "Boppity"? It's a bit unclear, even in the track I have stored on my computer. Thanks. :scary:
Boppity is the Blue Frackle and he indeed premiered during "The Great Santa Claus Switch" in 1970. He is one of the Frackles that sings the second and subsequent versions of "Happy Little Christmas Elves" in the special.

Check out Muppet Wiki for more Bobbity info and appearances over the years,

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Boppity

fragglevision

Reaction score

apparently there's at least one other song on that show that Jerry Nelson has a writing credit on, "Light Will Make It Bright" IIRC. Wouldn't know for sure since I've never seen a single full episode of Secret Life of Toys, as I never found the DVDs of it and it's not on Roku in my area.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phil. Makes sense Boppity would be #3 mentioned by name since Gloat is #6 in that version.

Great job with the station's Christmas music, I've been enjoying a lot of it this season. :smile: