Yet More Fraggle Analysis

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Hey all!

I've had something shoved at the back of my brain in one seemingly insignificant filing cabinet for ages now, and I just thought I'd bring it up.

On the show, each main Fraggle (of the five) had strengths and complementary flaws. I think I can nail the following down:

Gobo: Adventurous/Foolhardy
Wembley: Questioning/Indecisive (I like how his wembling is an asset!)
Boober: Impressively Clean and Careful/Neurotic (but the book is handy!)
Red: Daring/Stubborn

Now, giving these traits a bit of leeway (as I know there are probably case-by-case examples hidden away to disprove them), I still haven't been able to conjure up a strength/complement for Mokey. The only one I can remotely think of is:

Mokey: Compassionate/Blinded

(...in that she is sometimes blinded by the fact that certain things aren't nice, fair, and good.) Now, I know ESPECIALLY with this pairing, it is questionable, so would anyone care to add anything?

>Adam

P

Princeton

One thing I would add to :excited: 's analysis is that she's too hyper. BTW, join the club of not being able to figure Mokey out. I just started a thread about that; Boober Gorg really helped me get a better grasp of what makes Mokey click. Anyway, hope this helps!

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
Perhaps the key factor that Mokey generally brings is that she is sort of the conscience of the group, usually the first to step forward when she feels something is unjust. Wembley does this very similarly, but it applies to more general practial things rather than ethical.

PukkaPukka

Reaction score
Gobo_Tron2 said:
Perhaps the key factor that Mokey generally brings is that she is sort of the conscience of the group, usually the first to step forward when she feels something is unjust. Wembley does this very similarly, but it applies to more general practial things rather than ethical.
Well, yes...I agree with the complement you've stated. Where's the flaw though? The only example I can think of off the top of my head is when she was swarmed with questions when she was declared "Ruler of the Rock."

She clammed up momentarily until she was tipped off on how to end the game. That's why I've been thinking "Compassionate/Blinded," but now I think I may change it to "Compassionate/Submissive" (in some respects).

Hmm...

>Adam

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
I think blinded still fits in that episode. In this case her concern for trying to use her 'power' in order to save the world blew the whole thing totally out of proportion. She treated it like it was a divine spark allowing her to do some incredible world-changing thing when it was all really just a party game.