Wondercon 2012 Anaheim CA Fraggle and Muppet Costumes

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
I attended Wondercon in Anaheim CA and thought I'd post the photos!

The first link is a collage of my radish bag and hair poofies. I needed a bag to carry all my stuff in at the con. I have red hair so I made my orange and yellow puffs from stripped ostrich feathers that I wired together and incorporated into my real hair. I made the hair bows from grosgrain ribbon and glued them to a barrette.

The bag was a pattern I created and the radish was made of red fleece and the white root part was felt. The leaves were felt and sewn with light green thread to add detail. I also made a Doozer tower out of straws. It was too fragile and broke outside my door in the pouring rain!

Here is my costume I made from yellow tights, a red sweater, yellow fleece for the shorts, sneaker covers and tail. The tail was wired and fishng line held it up from the back of my neck. I met the people from Archaia comics and some of the writers signed the graphic novels for me! They gave me some awesome bookmarks too!Soooo excited! They seemed happy to meet me too. They never saw anyone cosplay as a Fraggle. Note the cute kids Boober shirt I found! I wish they had one in an adult size. I had lots of people asking to take pictures with me. I felt like a celebrity! It was so much fun!

Here are photos of group shots: Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Mahna Mahna and the Snowths! I made my friend's Wembley costume from pajamas and the bongo drums were 2 baskets and fabric!

Hope you guys like it!

-Danielle AKA RedFraggleRocks

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
Thanks, I strive for epicness! Did I mention I'm 5'10"? Some little kid said I she thought fraggles were small LOL.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
So incredibly cool! :big_grin: Such a great costume, you really show Red's excitement and happiness with your awesome smile. I was about to comment on how perfect that sweater is, but then I was like, "but her hair and tail and radish and leggings and feet-shoes are all perfect too!" Ha ha. Really, fantastic job, on everything.

Your friend Wembley-ing is cool too! Funny Mahna Mahna and Snowths. Looks like it was a fun ol' time! :wink:

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
So incredibly cool! :big_grin: Such a great costume, you really show Red's excitement and happiness with your awesome smile. I was about to comment on how perfect that sweater is, but then I was like, "but her hair and tail and radish and leggings and feet-shoes are all perfect too!" Ha ha. Really, fantastic job, on everything.

Your friend Wembley-ing is cool too! Funny Mahna Mahna and Snowths. Looks like it was a fun ol' time! :wink:

Thanks! It was really fun! I had a low budget so I got creative, and really lucky the Goodwill had that $3.99 sweater. My legs were so cold and my upper body was sweating in that cotton sweater though! I'll have to get actual leggings next time. I also want to make my hair bigger and poofier. My Wembley friend is 6'3"! He posed all scared and freaked all the time for people. Maybe for Halloween I can get more people to join in. I have all the Gobo props from being a hiker!

Can you see the photos of me with my graphic novels? It's not appearing so here it is again...:excited: