Wishful Thinking - bound to be put straight!

Marky

Reaction score
Psst.

Hey, I was thinking this last night while doing the dishes.
Maybe the reason why JHC is making two films (FR & DC2) is that they need some cash to buy back... something?

Of course, this is all 100% in my own head.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I always thought it was because now that they've lost the Muppets, they're trying to milk the franchises they've got as much as possible. :smirk:

Sorry to dash your hopes and dreams. :grouchy:

Marky

Reaction score
Giar Fraggle said:
I always thought it was because now that they've lost the Muppets, they're trying to milk the franchises they've got as much as possible. :smirk:

Sorry to dash your hopes and dreams. :grouchy:
... well, you didn't really because, well, neither of us base our ideas on facts. I could be wrong, or you could be wrong. I hope your wrong!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
What do you think the price tag is on the Muppets? Also, do you think there was a pay increase/decrease or no change in pay for the performers when Dis bought 'em? Even the veteran performers?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong, actually.

And I think things like performers' pay is a private thing...

Marky

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
What do you think the price tag is on the Muppets? Also, do you think there was a pay increase/decrease or no change in pay for the performers when Dis bought 'em? Even the veteran performers?
Who knows, but the value depends totally on the demand for them or projected income for various projects.

As for pay, yeah it's private, but who cares? I'd have no idea what they make or how they're renumerated. I ber DG gets the most, seeming as he's the most senior, then SW, blah, blah blah. Then again, since it'd pretty much all they do, they may have to just take what they can get.

I dunno. Interesting thought, though. Filmwork would obvioulsy be the most lucrative, and sonce they haven't had a theatrical release in over 7 years...

Laszlo

Reaction score
Who cares?

I want new DARK CRYSTAL/LABYRINTH movies, series, videogames, figures, etc.! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Who knows, but the value depends totally on the demand for them or projected income for various projects.

As for pay, yeah it's private, but who cares? I'd have no idea what they make or how they're renumerated. I ber DG gets the most, seeming as he's the most senior, then SW, blah, blah blah. Then again, since it'd pretty much all they do, they may have to just take what they can get.

I dunno. Interesting thought, though. Filmwork would obvioulsy be the most lucrative, and sonce they haven't had a theatrical release in over 7 years...
But remember also that Whitmire and Jacobson are consistantly working over at Sesame Street.

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Psst.

Hey, I was thinking this last night while doing the dishes.
Maybe the reason why JHC is making two films (FR & DC2) is that they need some cash to buy back... something?

Of course, this is all 100% in my own head.

Very much wishful thinking.:wink:

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
But remember also that Whitmire and Jacobson are consistantly working over at Sesame Street.
Of course. Nothing wrong with having more than one gig! We were just speculating about renumeration for donning the Disney 'classic muppets' (nudge, wink).