Will there be a CGI Muppet Babies?

muppet baby

Reaction score
I heard about this related is this mean that they are having another muppet bables show !
any info out there about this ?:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Henson did a CGI Muppet Babies test whilst they still owned the Muppets, nothing came of it. The Muppets have been sold to Disney since then.

Unless there is new news from Disney about one, but i havent heard it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really want one of the mods to remove the reference to the "rumored CGI show" from the board listing, myself. It would be just like if Classic Muppets had the description "Rumored Muppet Hamlet movie" in the title. Nothing ever came out of it, and all we got was a small run of plush toys I kick myself for not buying more of when I had the chance.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Basically, JHC was developing GC puppet-performance technology for the Muppet Babies that they're using for Sid the Science Kid, but when they sold the Muppets and babies to Disney the project was dropped.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just put out a plea to get the reference to that undeveloped show on the Feedback page. This is going to cause confusion to newbies and members who don't frequent often, and I really think the time to change it it is at hand. After all, unless Disney unveils plans to make a similar show, it implies a future project that's simply never going to happen.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I just put out a plea to get the reference to that undeveloped show on the Feedback page. This is going to cause confusion to newbies and members who don't frequent often, and I really think the time to change it it is at hand. After all, unless Disney unveils plans to make a similar show, it implies a future project that's simply never going to happen.
I totally agree with this , now that i see what the repy was i remember about this now i mean what show was , i had forgoten since it had been so long ago .
:wink::embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
After all, unless Disney unveils plans to make a similar show, it implies a future project that's simply never going to happen.
On that subject, I would guess it won't be long before we see some kind of pre-school CGI Muppet show from Disney. Whether that be "Babies" or not who knows, but its such a lucrative market and Disney are doing quite well in that area. The main problem being that Muppet Studios have their hands full right now, and also that pre-schoolers have absolutely no idea who the Muppets are - but i guess they look close enough to the Sesame characters and recognition doesn't matter so much to really tiny kids as long as the show is good enough and it has all the elements they like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd honestly and totally hate the idea of a crummy CGI Muppet Playhouse Disney show. Baby or no. If they were to make a MB show, they'd need to make it as close to the quality of the original as possible. Treating preschoolers as an audience, and not the way most of these shows treat preschoolers. I saw part of a Mickey's Clubhouse... When I heard Mickey say "Who's That?" in a baby-waby voice, I died a little inside. I'd hate for Kermit and the rest to be subject to the Dora theory of education... talking loud and slow and answering their own questions.

The thing that made Muppet Babies better than it should have been was the fact they took a preschool-Kindergarten audience and made jokes, references, and subjected them to mild peril (even if it was imaginary). That's what made it memorable for me. There are some great things, again, like Curious George (and I heard positive things about Wow Wow Wubzy) that can teach AND entertain. I want to see more of those get made before we see any new Muppet Babies series on TV.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i totally agree, not sure they will actually do the quality option over the usual stuff we see today, but kids stuff in the 80's sure had a lot more depth and imagination to it - not to mention integrity. Nowdays they don't trust kids to be able to get into any kind of detailed plotline or anything.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which I find bullocks, myself. The same kids who watch this stuff also watch TV Y-7 cartoons (though they aren't supposed to) a lot of 3,4, and 5 year olds LOVE Spider-Man and Batman and Star Wars and stuff like that. Why do these people think that kids will ONLY watch hundreds of lame Dora clones? A New Muppet Babies series could have the same style of humor and writing in it and still hold kid's attention. it's just that all these producers want them to crank out identical junk, and treat kids like everything can affect them negatively (bull, complete and utter bull).

It's sad that this is the only place where there's money. Even though Curious George is highly rated and makes a tidy sum when it comes to merchandising.