Why I think Floyd and Janice are more than friends

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
Many speculate than Floyd and Janice are very close for a reason and I do agree.
Those two are almost always together and next to eachother. About 99 percent of the time.
Here's the subtle proof they are indeed more than just friends
So I'm going to become a Muppet Relationship Analyzer

Clue 1: In the Muppet Movie, towards the end, Floyd and Janice are sitting together with their arms around eachother. Before this, when Floyd and Janice are in the bus, Floyd is resting his head against Janice's.

Clue 2: Yes, Floyd flirts with other women. But towards the end of the Diana Ross muppet show episode, He has his arm around Janice and she is resting her head on his shoulder during the song "Reach Out And Touch."

Clue 3: During the Muppets Take Manhattan, When Gonzo yells at Janice, Floyd rushes to her defense.

Clue 4: In one episode of the Muppet Show, Janice plays a renassance princess and Floyd is her knight.

Clue 5: During the Muppets Go To The Movies, Janice and Floyd are flirting and making it quite obvious they are a couple. I don't recall the name of the song. I think Floyd even kisses Janice on the cheek.

Clue 6: Often on the dance scenes during the Muppet Show, Janice is with Floyd. Sometimes she's been with Zoot and Dr. Teeth and a unknown green monster too.

Clue 7: During the end of the Muppets Take Manhattan, when Kermit is saying "I Do" to Piggy. (I think you need Widescreen to observe this), Janice and Floyd are staring at eachother.
Is this just a coincedence that Floyd would look towards her directly at a wedding right at the moment a wedding vow is being said? I think not! I think Jim Henson put these two together.

Clue 8: During the Muppets Celebration of 30 years, Towards the end, While Janice and Floyd are getting teary eyed for Kermit, It looks like he is pushing his face into her hair.

Clue 9:big_grin:uring the muppet show, one episode in which Floyd and Janice were both seated in the balcony together. Floyd stated they were the best seats he could find. He could have brought anyone up there and he chose Janice.
He does love her very much.

*Well, I've given you my proof! Floyd and Janice are either
1. a couple
or
2. already married

If they haven't gotten married yet, Then let's give Janice a show where she can become Mrs. Floyd Pepper! :flirt:

Frogster

Reaction score
They are a couple... and the name of the song that Floyd and Janice sing is called Act Naturally.
:sing: :flirt:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Floyd and Janice have admitted they're a couple, it's really not a surprise at all, but nice listings on their activities. They're most likely not married though... no rings.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Frogster said:
They are a couple... and the name of the song that Floyd and Janice sing is called Act Naturally.
:sing: :flirt:
I love Floyd and Janice singing Act Naturally, they do it so fabulously (much better than certain blue creatures did in a certain UK skit on TMS :concern: ). And I thought Floyd and Janice were openly a couple. On "Of Muppets And Men" it's either Richard or Frank who talks about them being a couple.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, I never knew about Kermit's 'I Do' while they stare at each other! That is the sweetest thing in the world. I have to get widescreen now just for that reason!

christyb

Reaction score
FreddyTheDragon said:
Clue 7: During the end of the Muppets Take Manhattan, when Kermit is saying "I Do" to Piggy. (I think you need Widescreen to observe this), Janice and Floyd are staring at eachother.
You're correct on that point. And you do need widescreen to see it. It just something I think you spot after watching the movie a hundred times. BTW I wonder if anyone else has noticed this. But when you change the aspect ration on MTM to full screen the movie is filled with "Too High" moments. You even see the tops of a few heads in it! (That's my little tidbit for the day.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I have heard before about there being heads in MTM!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was looking in to DVD video ripping software and I came across a cheap program (that didn't work for ripping video at least) but did do something very interesting.
To get to that point, lemme' just explain something first:
In print, when an image goes right to the edge of a page, it's called a bleed. The page is printed on a larger paper and the image goes about an eighth inch past where the page is and then it's cropped to the regular size, and that eighth inch is trimmed off. I don't know what it's called in film, but they have something similar where more of what actually appears on screen is on film.
NOW; on that software, it exposed that "hidden" section of film and as I was attempting to rip video from my TIME/LIFE DVDs, I could see not just the top of the heads of the puppeteers, but their faces too! Unfortunately, I couldn't screen capture them, but it was so freaking awesome.

SlamPot

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
it exposed that "hidden" section of film and as I was attempting to rip video from my TIME/LIFE DVDs, I could see not just the top of the heads of the puppeteers, but their faces too! Unfortunately, I couldn't screen capture them, but it was so freaking awesome.
Yes Vic, video always has extra picture off the screen. This is because different TVs cut off different amounts of the edge, so a margin of about 10 percent more width and height is usually "cut off" around the main "safe area".
Depending on the TV set, this cut off area can either be visible or invisible, so it should look OK but not have any really important stuff in it.
With some muppet setups, it is barely possible to keep the muppeteer's heads out of the safe area, so when the cutoff is seen - hello puppeteers!

Muppeteers (and boom microphones) are most likely to be seen on older widescreen movies transferred to 4:3 video, because when shooting, the cameraman wasn't thinking about video, and was mostly concerned with the 16:9 widescreen seen in theaters, which cuts off even more of the top and bottom.