Who's Your Most/Least Favorite Sesame Street guest star?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Favorite?

Well, I did like Little Richard's performances, as well as Ziggy Marley's, Stevie Wonders' and Ray Charles' performances.

My least favorite?

Anything with Rosie O'Donnell in it honestly.

cjd874

Reaction score
Going off the top of my head...Madeline Kahn, Lena Horne, Johnny Cash, Andrea Martin, Ray Charles, and Norah Jones are at the top for me. On the other hand, I personally didn't care much for Wyclef Jean's version of Healthy Food, or for the appearances by Seth Green and Spike Lee.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh wow, there have been so many great moments, but I think anything with Ray Charles stands out. Also the episode where Stevie Wonder pays a visit.

Least favorite: Um, Jenny McCarthy. You might not even remember she was on the show but, she was in one of those Word of the Day segments. She talked about the word "insect". I hate the way she completely talked down to the kids. It was super annoying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Going off the top of my head...Madeline Kahn, Lena Horne, Johnny Cash, Andrea Martin, Ray Charles, and Norah Jones are at the top for me. On the other hand, I personally didn't care much for Wyclef Jean's version of Healthy Food, or for the appearances by Seth Green and Spike Lee.
I didn't mind Seth Green's appearance (not that it was best appearance, mind you), but Spike Lee's appearance seemed really phoned-in like he didn't even want to be there (and I'd be willing to bet he probably thought the appearance was totally beneath him) - the bit itself was memorable, only for how repetitive it was (and for Snuffy always playing the wrong emotion). I had a similar problem with James Gandolfini's appearance as well: just so flat and phoned-in, and given that his bit was to teach about an emotion (fear), I wasn't buying it. His SOPRANOS co-stars Tony Sirico and Steve Schiripa in that Ernie and Bert Christmas special within a special was a whole lot better: "Please do not laugh like Ernie, Mr. Sirico." "And why not, Boit?"

One particular appearance that really stands out in my mind was Richard Kind as Snuffy's Fairy Balloon Person - he's always so funny. And speaking of funny guys, I loved both of Wayne Brady's appearances: when he did that catchy little between song, and the insert he did with Elmo where he kept trying on different oufits (including a chicken suit) because he was afraid of being himself when meeting new friends . . . and then ends up meeting a chicken who was also wearing all the same outfits because that's who she really was. On a similar token, I also liked that bit with Jamie Foxx where he met a fox named Jamie Foxx, and a duck also named Jamie Foxx.

Furbelle

Reaction score
I think for me the ones that stand out was Ray Charles, Johnny Cash....umm, I remember a segment with Cab Calloway which I thought was great (literally my introduction to big band jazz music).

As for ones I dont like....hard to remember anything I didnt, at least not from the more "classic era" episodes. I guess I'll second Rosie O'Donnell...can't stand that woman.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I think for me the ones that stand out was Ray Charles, Johnny Cash....umm, I remember a segment with Cab Calloway which I thought was great (literally my introduction to big band jazz music).

As for ones I dont like....hard to remember anything I didnt, at least not from the more "classic era" episodes. I guess I'll second Rosie O'Donnell...can't stand that woman.
There were two Cab segments.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually,

I didn't like Adam Sandler's appearance. Probably because the guy has been terrible in acting since he started his company, Happy Madison ("Terrific!").

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Adam Sandler just sucks, plain and simple. Always has, always will.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I liked Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and The Wedding Singer. His older movies were his prime imo.

Some of his SNL skits I thought were pretty funny too.