Who's the best singer out of the Henson Muppeteers?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
We all know that most, if not, all of the Henson performers are fantastic singers, but who do you think has the best singing voice out of all the muppeteers? You can rank them in order from best to worst or if you don't think any of the performers are bad singers, just pick your favorites.
Here's my list:
Jerry Nelson
Richard Hunt
Steve Whitmire
Kevin Clash
Dave Goelz
Fran Brill
Jim Henson
Frank Oz
Marilyn Sokol (even though she wasn't a muppeteer)
Kathy Mullen
Karen Prell
David Rudman
Noel MacNeal

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Richard Hunt
Jerry Nelson
Steve Whitmire
Kathy Mullen
Dave Goelz

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Good point. It's always amazing that whenever they sing, their harmonies always sound perfect. I forgot to list Louise Gold in my list by the way, she's a fantastic singer!

Dearth

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree. As far as the male Muppet performers go, Jerry and Richard were the ones that popped to mind as 1st and 2nd.

And Louis Gold has an AMAZING voice. She's easily the top female Muppeteer singer in my estimation.

Did you see the memorial service for Jim, when she sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables? Absolutely beautiful.

Of course, I love that song anyway. My nephew played Jean Valjean a couple of years ago, and his rendition of it was spellbinding.

Alex

Beauregard

Reaction score
I immediately answeres "Jerry!" in my head when I saw this. he has such a range of character voices and emotions. My second thought was "Frank as Miss Piggy" -- but I think that was a joke.

Bea:zany:{Even I can't tell when I'm joking...}regard

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well I always think there are three who really stand out:

Louise Gold (fantastic singer, she just HAS to come top of my list)
Jerry Nelson (One of the very few people to have parterned Louise in duets and actually been a great vocal match for her)
Richard Hunt

However a few others can be jolly good:
Steve Whitmire
Kathy Mullen
Jim Henson (at least when singing as Kermit)
Dave Goelz (not one of the greatest vocally, however as Gonzo in particular he can be quite a moving singer emotionally)

Skekayuk

Reaction score
I would actually go as far as to say it was my admiration for Louise Gold's amazing singing, particularly her lovely big vibrato belt (particularly well illustrated on such Sesame Street numbers as 'I Get A Kick Out Of U' and 'Anyone's Nose', as well as on TMS's 'Bluefish Blues', that in a way grabbed my attention and made me be a Muppet fan.
She's my favourite Muppeteer anyway, but that is mainly because of her wonderful singing voice. She is also my favourite Musical Theatre performer.
(If you want to know about her diverse career check out: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/Start.htm ).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have to go with Beau, Jerry Nelson had an amazing voice.

Though, Louise Gold and Richard Hunt also deserve an honorable mention.