'Who Wants To Be A Superhero'

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I got this info today if anyone is interested, sounds like fun.
I hope some of you try it. Check out the website below for more details.

SEEKING: Wild, Creative, and Original Superheros: male and female, 18+, any ethnicity.

'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO'
SCI FI Channel, Nash Entertainment, and legendary comic book creator Stan Lee are casting Who Wants to be a Superhero, a six-episode, one-hour weekly competition that will challenge a lucky few to create their own superhero. The winner will by immortalized in a new comic book created by Stan Lee and the winning character will appear in an original Sci Fi Channel movie. Shoot starts mid-April.

For more info, visit www.whowantstobeasuperhero.tv or call (310) 360-6630. Salary, copy, credit, meals, and other prizes provided.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
is 6 episodes the minimum/mazimum for a mini series or something?

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
This is so awesome! LOL!!
Kev, can this be a possible chance to have SuperMuley find his rightful fame? I think you should submit a video and see what the response is.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
is 6 episodes the minimum/mazimum for a mini series or something?
It's probably the most episodes a TV Network would commit to on a series they are not sure will be successful.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
I got this info today if anyone is interested, sounds like fun.
I hope some of you try it. Check out the website below for more details.

SEEKING: Wild, Creative, and Original Superheros: male and female, 18+, any ethnicity.

'WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO'
SCI FI Channel, Nash Entertainment, and legendary comic book creator Stan Lee are casting Who Wants to be a Superhero, a six-episode, one-hour weekly competition that will challenge a lucky few to create their own superhero. The winner will by immortalized in a new comic book created by Stan Lee and the winning character will appear in an original Sci Fi Channel movie. Shoot starts mid-April.

For more info, visit www.whowantstobeasuperhero.tv or call (310) 360-6630. Salary, copy, credit, meals, and other prizes provided.

Shoot! I would sign up for this contest in a heartbeat, if I weren't still working on my superheroes!

I have this idea for a brother/sister superhero team that are kind of like the Wonder Twins of the Super Friends. They've both got bizarre-colored hair, they're remarkably strong, and they live in the 30th century (which, if I'm correct, is really far into the future). They were born through alien DNA, which is the reason for their outstanding powers and bizarre appearances, and they're trying desperately to cope with these disabilities, while living in a society that's not sure whether they are heroes or menaces (kind of like Spider-Man).

I'm still working on several concepts for these superheroes, including costumes, types of powers, characteristics, etc. All I have got is just an outline for the heroes' origin, and I don't think that's enough to get Stan "The Man" Lee or the Sci-Fi Channel to accept me on their show. When I do get my concepts together, hopefully I'll sign up for either Seasons Two or Three (if there'll be any more seasons).:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Kev, can this be a possible chance to have SuperMuley find his rightful fame? I think you should submit a video and see what the response is.
Wow. It takes my smart friends to remind me of things I should be doing! Thanks!!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Wow. It takes my smart friends to remind me of things I should be doing! Thanks!!
I hope they offer you like Orson Welles said in the Muppet Movie; "The standard Rich and Famous contract.":smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I checked it out and didn't see where I could submit the SuperMule video.

However, I'm considering my own superhero self, though. I just have to make a cool costume...er, supersuit!