Who remembers these skits?

Thijs

Reaction score
I have the following skits in Dutch, but I need to know some names:

- a girl has to carry some boxes inside the house but they are to heavy. Super Grover comes to help her. What's the name of that girl?

- a young girl does some exercising (jumping up and down), and she tells the audience that she is going to exercise. Then a group of kids comes in screen and begins to exercise with their instruments. The girls conducts them. There are three kids. Two play violin. On one moment, she calls the right violin-player by name. What is his name?

- three babies sing a song about baby-exercise. What's the name of the leading baby?

- a DJ announces a song about the letter 'B' by three anything women. After the song the DJ is on screen again, and he tells his name. What is his name?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thijs! Urgent post reply!

In this thread you asked about a DJ who introduces a song about the letter "B". You're wrong, the song he introduced was about the letter "D" and it was performed by Dee Dee O'Day and the Dewdrops, one of the characters you asked for pics of in the Sesame Street Encyclopedia D thread! Man, I'm sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier and help you out with this one, maybe it's not too late and you can still get a pic of that musical group. Does your PBS affiliate show episodes from the week as repeats during the weekend? If not, I'm sorry that you missed out on getting a pic needed for the encyclopedia's growth. Hope this helps and have a good night.

Thijs

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thijs! Urgent post reply!

In this thread you asked about a DJ who introduces a song about the letter "B". You're wrong, the song he introduced was about the letter "D" and it was performed by Dee Dee O'Day and the Dewdrops, one of the characters you asked for pics of in the Sesame Street Encyclopedia D thread! Man, I'm sorry I didn't get to this thread earlier and help you out with this one, maybe it's not too late and you can still get a pic of that musical group. Does your PBS affiliate show episodes from the week as repeats during the weekend? If not, I'm sorry that you missed out on getting a pic needed for the encyclopedia's growth. Hope this helps and have a good night.
Take it easy, I taped it a few weeks ago, but thanks for your worries. I have to wait till I have the facilities to make a screencap of it.

But...do you know any of these names I asked for?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, glad to know that you have that sketch/song on tape. No Thijs, sorry to say I don't have any names for you. Except for knowing about the DJ who introduced the song by Dee Dee O'Day and the Dewdrops as you described it, the other sketches and characters you asked for are out of the reach of my Muppety knowledge. Hope someone else more knowledgeable than myself can help you out and have a pleasant morrow.

ssetta

Reaction score
How did you get a tape of it??

Thijs

Reaction score
ssetta said:
How did you get a tape of it??
Easy, I am Dutch :smile:

They show two or three old skits each day. Thats the advantage of living in this country. The disadvantage is that I have never seen Big Bird (because we have our own Big Bird, Pino, and kids can get confused), and that all the skits are dubbed.

Can you help me with any of those names, sseta?

ssetta

Reaction score
You got those names right, it is Dee Dee O'Day and The Dewdrops.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thijs, found a website that might be able to help. Either send me the Dutch names of the characters you've got for which you're lacking English translated names and I'll do it myself, or you could go to www.dictionary.com and click on the "Translator" link. Once there, search the translator combo box and select the "Dutch to English" option, tab over once to the field where you'll write the name you want translated, and then tab over once more to click the "Go Button." Hope this helps, that it works well, and that you have a good night.