Which Muppet could you perform?

Salmoto

Reaction score
Okay.....let's say the JHC came knocking on your door asked you to substitute for a muppet performer. You could pick any muppet you wanted and put on an impromptu show with him. The trick is not to play any Muppet you want, but the muppet who you can do the best job with. Who is that muppet for you?

For me, it's probably Pepe. I can do the deep Bill Barreta register, and I am fammiliar with the accent, growing up in a town where people really do punctuate things with the word 'ok.'

Ryan

Reaction score
Definitley Miss Piggy. I can really get into her character....she's also my favorite Muppet. She's just got that......chuztpah that no other Muppet does. I think I could do that role really well. :wink:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hmmm, well, of course I would LOVE to do my darling Janice (I can't do Mokey since I don't have a woman's vocal chords), and I'd enjoy doin' Kermit, Sam, Boober, and Beau, but Travis and some others might actually say I should do Miss Piggy.

Even though she's not my big favorite, she would be fun to do, lol. :smile:

BorkBork

Reaction score
for me - it wiuld probably be animal or fozzie. Preferably animal, since i can really relate to his characher, the moves and everything, and i feel i do a fairly good animal voice :wink:

I don't have much experience in puppeteering but i just might think i could do the thing :wink:

/Anders

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
what a neat post! I would have to say kermit the most, i use the puppet i have of him all the time and bring him to school often to do presintations along with the other muppet puppets i have, i would also have to say Rowlf and Fozzie too, i act like these characters all the time and say many words the way these characters say them like kermit's " Eveing" from TGMC when he walks out with miss piggy away from john cleese.or Rowlf's ahh! Just what i was looking for! From MFC when he see the piano, or, oh one of my favorites is the Fozzie bear "Whao! From MFS, when pepe is in the tutu, but not franks way, the way before it is dubbed on the trailer from MFS,which is more like Whhhaaoooo!

it's fun! say it really loud and very offen with people you know, soon they will all beging doing it for no reason, like you are, but it's really fun when some does something or says something that would make you whhaaoo!

Look at me, what the heck am i talking about....

Zack)Rowlf the, Whhaaaooo!Dog.

oh and i'm really good singing as these charcters, Also i think i do a great Gonzo" Im going to go back there someday with the way dave did gonzo's voice back when on TMM.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
the ones i can do best (in my opinion) are Rowlf (a little gruff but still good) and Scooter (not perfect but pretty close)

Gonzo

Reaction score
Kermit's my best. Some others too, but Kermit's the best.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

tygerbug

Reaction score
Would be fun if everyone would post WAV files trying voices out. =)

I try to be a man of a thousand voices, but I've never managed to practice and nail actual Muppet voices! I've been trying to get Kermit down but can only manage Ernie. Ernie, especially singing, I could do. Or a weird Kermit I guess. Some nights, when I'm a little sick, I suddenly nail Kermit. I guess I get a frog in my throat. (rimshot) ta-da? He's hard cos he's got so much depth in him. Singing for some reason is easier.

Wait a sec, I think can do a Jim Henson Hour-like Gonzo saying "that is so cool!" Lemme practice my Gonzo. I'll practice Sam too as I think I could stumble through him pretty easy with practice. I can do some really minor weird characters like the Jim Henson Hour lion and Thog ... and the Swedish Chef is pretty easy when you're in the right mood.

I could do a killer Chris Langham. =)

The character I really want to get down is Digit, who I was always fond of but just plain cannot do. Weird choice, I know.

Dad could do a great Kermit, Animal, and Fozzie. Among others.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I beleive I can do a good Beaker and Swedish Chef, but I haven't heard anyone else's opinion on it.