Where is this fountain?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
There's a scene on Sesame Street involving a bunch of kids playing with a musical fountain. I believe it's called the "Spritzer, Honker, Splasher, Sprinkler, Tweeter, Squirt. It looks like a real cool fountain, but where is it? :confused:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Location or Episode?

abiraniriba said:
There's a scene on Sesame Street involving a bunch of kids playing with a musical fountain. I believe it's called the "Spritzer, Honker, Splasher, Sprinkler, Tweeter, Squirt. It looks like a real cool fountain, but where is it? :confused:
If you mean which episode is it on, you can find it on #4100. If you mean where is it actually located, I think it was built off the shores of Manhatten, and I think they created it simply to record the song and sketch. I dont think it is something that actually exists for kids to play in. I had a hard time making out what they called it, but to me, it sounded like "The Spritzer Honker Splasher Sprinkler thing that Squirts!" :smile:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Darn

Shoot I was hoping to take my daughter to play in that thing, it looked wild :cry:

Rosewood

Reaction score
Dont take my word as doctrine.........

I hate it when someone sounds so dissapointed! Please don't take what I had to say and concider it absolute fact. I've never been to New York City so, for all I know there actually could be such a place. I was simply going by the fact that 1) it looked like it was in the middle of a field. If it does exist, it must be privately owned, and 2) it doesn't look like something that would meet public safety standards. If something like that was simply open to the public, I'd think the owner may as well be painting the words "Sue me!" on his back.
But like I said, don't just give up. Mabey a real veteran SS fanatic would know a bit more about it. :smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I don't think it's a real fountain. I think it's more of a prop that's used for those certain segments on the show.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
What is hazardous

Rosewood said:
I hate it when someone sounds so dissapointed! Please don't take what I had to say and concider it absolute fact. I've never been to New York City so, for all I know there actually could be such a place. I was simply going by the fact that 1) it looked like it was in the middle of a field. If it does exist, it must be privately owned, and 2) it doesn't look like something that would meet public safety standards. If something like that was simply open to the public, I'd think the owner may as well be painting the words "Sue me!" on his back.
But like I said, don't just give up. Mabey a real veteran SS fanatic would know a bit more about it. :smile:
Considering that they had kids and parents playing in it for the show, what exactly is it about this fountain that you would consider hazardous. BTW It's not exactly easy to paint words on one's own back. Don't ask me how I know this.

dedeldedel

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
Considering that they had kids and parents playing in it for the show, what exactly is it about this fountain that you would consider hazardous. BTW It's not exactly easy to paint words on one's own back. Don't ask me how I know this.
Itd be easy for a contortionist! (LOL!) anyhoo, i think i have seen that skit. isnt it the one that shows a bunch of people in rain coats marching around this weird contraption and getting squirted all over?

FreddyTheDragon

Reaction score
I think it is in New York. Not too sure which part of New York though. Probably Manhattan, but I honestly don't know for sure.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I'm curious: what is the educational value of that segment?