When will toys tieing in to The Muppets be released?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
with the muppet movie coming out in a month i'am quite suprised we have not heard any news about new figures board games anything do you think they might selling product like this after the movie been out for a while in cinemas or maybe weeks before the movie

robodog

Reaction score
If the movie is a success ( and I hope very much it will be ) I'm sure muppet toys will be plentiful.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
agreed but what is weird is there has been nothing to show new releases films like toy story 3 and star wars 3 had products nearly 2 months before release but maybe i'm being impatient i bet soon we will have muppet product all over the place :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
Yeah, I wondered about that too. Most movies are heavily merchandised to the point where the market's flooded even before the movie's released. We should be seeing something by now. I'm hoping that if the movie becomes popular it'll light a fire under the butts of various merchandisers and I'll finally be able to own a Rowlf toy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Confirmed... the day of the movie.

agreed but what is weird is there has been nothing to show new releases films like toy story 3 and star wars 3 had products nearly 2 months before release but maybe i'm being impatient i bet soon we will have muppet product all over the place :smile:
I didn't see any Cars 2 specific Cars merchandise until after the movie came out. But Cars toys are a perennial best seller, so they had Cars stuff on shelves long before that. Same with Toy Story 3... the specific new characters came out just around the time of the movie, though Lotzo popped up sooner.

Still, I wonder why a couple Kermits and Animals would have been a problem. They DID exist before the movie after all.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
very true about kermit there but at least things are starting to pop up like those whatnot kits and puppets by gund so thats good i can tell disney are putting some product out now for the movie whixh is good

muppetperson

Reaction score
According to "Previews" magazine, the only Muppet thing shipping in November are laser cut Muppet key rings, which are already available on ebay for a while.I dont think "Previews" is a reliable reference source, because we know about the following, which hasnt been mentioned...."The Muppets" opening pin, various necklaces and key chains sold at Walmart,Steiff Fozzie plush,Muppet Star Wars action figures,Muppet nail polish,Miss Piggy make up,more additions from Jim Shore(Gonzo and Camilia figure and Kermit and Miss Piggy bookends) and Kermit,Miss Piggy Pez.There is bound to be more!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure that a lot of Disney Store exclusives aren't going to be announced. We don't quite know what to expect, but action figures seem to be right out.

I'm sure there will be a lot of plush, be they bean bags or larger size ones. I'm REALLY pulling for a deluxe figurine set like The Lion King and Toy Story 3 got.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
yea i dont relly expect so see much outside of Disney stores and maybe Newbury comics since they have a weird merch compilation

Walmarts iffy with toys since they did that cut back way back when

muppetperson

Reaction score
I guess, that because a lot of the Muppet merchandise is becoming "limited editions",
there is not much of a need to promote it as it will sell quickly.