When the unexpected happens

Katzi428

Reaction score
In the "How are you today?" thread,a few days ago I said I was going to have a CAT scan done of my sinuses & brain.I had it done yesterday.Good news....sinuses are fine. Bad news....some abnormalities were found on the brain scan.:eek: So I was sent to the ER to be seen by a neurosurgeon. As I've mentioned in the past,I have a shunt (tube) in my head to drain out excess water. Well...it looks like it isn't working. To add to that,I have a couple of blood clots up there. So while I was in the ER,the neurosurgeon comes in & tells me and my family that he doesn't do those kind of operations!! (He said he's not qualified.)Therefore I need to go to find a neurosurgeon that is qualified and will operate on me.
God bless my sister & mother.When my mom took me to have the brain scan done,we thought it would be for just the sinuses and then I'd get some extra painkillers & antibiotics to make the pain go away. When the dr. told us what was going on & showed us the CAT scan,we were FLOORED!! So my mother called my sister (who's a nurse,as I probably mentioned before).My sister was shocked as well as Mom and I were about the blood clots . So she came to the ER with us yesterday to translate medical stuff to my mother & me.
Everyone....I have a bundle of emtions rolling around inside me right now.Scared,nervous,anger:mad: ,wondering "Why me?":cry: I could use good thoughts and prayers,(not to mention hugs)OK?
If anyone has any questions,don't be afraid to ask. No such thing as stupid questions...only stupid answers.Oh....when I'm hospitalized, I'm going to have my sister Email some of my friends from here.
Love,
Kathy

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I said it before, and I'll say it again: you'll definitely be in my prayers Kathy!

Faylo

Reaction score
You'll be in my prayers as well! <3

BEAR

Reaction score
I will be thinking about you, but I believe you will be just fine.

christyb

Reaction score
First off...C'mere *hugs Kathy* Secondly, where are you gonna be hospitalized? (email me: christybondurant@gmail.com) I'll send flowers or a little surprise from all of MC...okay so it won't be a huge bouquet b/c well hospital rooms are sooo big and I"m not sure if invading is what they'd have in mind. Thirdly, remember we love you and our prayers are with you!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey Kathy, as I already told you, you're in my thoughts and prayers and I'm thinking only GOOD things for you and like Bryan, I believe you will be fine. You're a tough cookie and you can pull through this! I'm glad you'll be keeping us posted. ((((HUGS)))) and muffins too because you can always use a smile right?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh Kathy, I'm going to join in on the hugs because you've always been one of the weakest MC members in health and yet always the strongest in character. *huge hugs* *and muffins* *and ziffle cakes* *and penguins* *and more hugs*

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Not to muffin such a thread, but what is a ziffle cake?