When did Miss Piggy go from carved foam to foam latex?

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I know she became a latex puppet in time for The Great Muppet Caper, but I swear I read in an interview with Tom McLaughlin (the guy who figured out how to make foam latex work for hand puppets) he made it sound like Miss Piggy became a foam latex puppet during the show. If anyone knows,thanks in advance for telling.

On a similar note, did Statler and Waldorf become latex puppets in the same episode?

:mad::sleep::boo:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I imagine that's a private matter between Miss Piggy and her plastic surgeon. Or would that be her latex surgeon? And don't even get me started about Botox....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Whee!

I'm sorry, monkeyjb1988--I'm no help at answering your very serious question but I couldn't resist. Try this same question down in the puppet building thread--someone there might actually know!

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
I imagine that's a private matter between Miss Piggy and her plastic surgeon. Or would that be her latex surgeon? And don't even get me started about Botox....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Whee!

I'm sorry, monkeyjb1988--I'm no help at answering your very serious question but I couldn't resist. Try this same question down in the puppet building thread--someone there might actually know!
Very funny! I heard better jokes from Fozzie. :embarrassed: I'll try your advice. Thank you.

monkeyjb1988

Reaction score
When did Miss Piggy go from carved foam to foam latex? (take two)

I tried asking this question in the Classic Muppets forum. I was told by Ruahnna that I may have better luck here.

I know she became a latex puppet in time for The Great Muppet Caper, but I swear I read in an interview with Tom McLaughlin (the guy who figured out how to make foam latex work for hand puppets) he made it sound like Miss Piggy became a foam latex puppet during the show. If anyone knows,thanks in advance for telling.

On a similar note, did Statler and Waldorf become latex puppets in the same episode?

:mad::sleep::boo:

muppetperson

Reaction score
It happened somewhere between the second and third season of The Muppet Show.