What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
We're Muppet fans. As such, we have extremely... odd senses of humor. Come on, it's true. That said, I'm willing to bet we've all seen our share of strange movies. So, out with it. What are some of the weirdest movies you've ever seen?

A short list:

House - a Japanese haunted house movie that features a demonic kitty cat, an evil piano, and more. It's kind of like a psychedelic episode of Scooby-Doo.

The Holy Mountain - Really, EVERY movie directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky should be on this list, but this is the weirdest, and my favorite of his. John Lennon and Yoko Ono financed this strange film about a mountain that unites Heaven and Earth

Rubber - A tire named Robert can blow people's heads up with his mind.

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T - The only movie Dr. Seuss ever wrote, this is one bizarre piece of work. It's the only movie on this list I could find a family-appropriate clip from, so here you go:

Funky Forest: The First Contact - I actually think it's illegal to tell people about this movie. It's... the strangest thing I've ever seen. Essentially, it's two and a half (!!) hours of people doing and saying things that no rational human being should. But there's a level of innocence to the whole thing that makes it really delightful!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I saw this movie one time at a party. I don't remember the name but it was some old kung fu movie that some guy superimposed himself in. All I remember about it was that he made nunchucks out of gophers and told a bunch of guys to hit him and he'd throw them off of him and couldn't.

Any idea what that movie is?

The same friend also showed me "Big Trouble in Little CHina" which was kind of weird as well.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I saw this movie one time at a party. I don't remember the name but it was some old kung fu movie that some guy superimposed himself in. All I remember about it was that he made nunchucks out of gophers and told a bunch of guys to hit him and he'd throw them off of him and couldn't.

Any idea what that movie is?

The same friend also showed me "Big Trouble in Little CHina" which was kind of weird as well.
Sounds like Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, which some people have affection for but I've never really loved it. Big Trouble in Little China's great, though!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I started a thread like this a while back...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I started a thread like this a while back...
I did a search - only found a cult films thread, which is different. I'll look under your posted threads, but I'm unsure of the rules here - is it worse to bump an old thread or to repeat one?

Puckrox

Reaction score
An anime called Paprika comes to mind. I haven't seen it since I was a senior in high school and I've only seen it once, but I just remember watching it with my good friend and saying to her "...What the frick are we even watching?" I love certain anime movies, but I just remember finding that one particularly weird.

And The Room is pretty weird. And awful.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I've seen some pretty weird ones....

First, there's The Adventures of Baron Munchausen: Written/produced by Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones (both of Monty Python fame), it features Uma Therman as Aphrodite and gets weirder and weirder the longer you watch it.

A Touch of Satan: I learned about this one through our good friends at MST3K. Basically, this guy stays at a house out in the country and things get really weird, including wizards and scary old ladies. Best line in the film? "This is where the fish lives!"

Then there was this Sci-fy channel movie (the name of which I can't remember) in which people were being eaten by a mountain. Tagline? "It looks like the mountain... It IS the mountain!"

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Carnival of Souls. It's supposed to be this legendary psycho-horror film, but all I remember from watching it was a scene where a woman freaked out in the middle of a department store because everyone stopped talking to her. I think she was supposed to be dead or something and didn't realize it yet. There's also a long scene at an abandoned pier for no reason.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
And The Room is pretty weird. And awful.
I have an affection for it because I discovered it in 2007, when it first came out on DVD. I watched it, and no one had heard of it yet, and I was just absolutely delighted by how insanely weird it was. I've lost a lot of my love for it, I think because college students have turned it into the new Rocky Horror. It's a GREAT movie to watch with your friends; it's not a great movie to hear over-quoted, or the magic is lost. Now when I hear people say "You're tearing me apart!" I walk away.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Persona, the Ingmar Bergman film. We had to watch it in film class a couple weeks ago. I had no idea what the heck was going on until the very final scenes. :confused: