Whatever Happened To.......

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Barkley. He was such a neat muppet, but he disappeared from Sesame Street. Why did this happen?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
The performer may have been getting uncomfortable performing the puppet... ( I'm guessing, I don't know much about Barkley's history or performers.)

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
You're probably right. It looks like he had two performers in his muppet history. Toby Towson and Bruce Connelly

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Whatever happened to Barkley. He was such a neat muppet, but he disappeared from Sesame Street. Why did this happen?

He still appears from time to time; he's been a few episodes since 2009.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
( Thanks for the follow, WalterFan!) I wish he was a bigger character, too, because he's really enjoyable, even though I used to be scared of him when I was little.

WalterFan1234

Reaction score
( Thanks for the follow, WalterFan!) I wish he was a bigger character, too, because he's really enjoyable, even though I used to be scared of him when I was little.
Haah he scared me too when I was little. But I grew to love the character. Same with the gorgs, sweetums, etc

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Exactly the same with me!!! But, another one of the reasons why I love Barkley is because ( I think) he was in the episode that had the first appearance of Telly, and who doesn't love Telly?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
You're probably right. It looks like he had two performers in his muppet history. Toby Towson and Bruce Connelly

Way more than two. He was also performed by Brian Muehl and Fred Garbo. (Is he related to Greta? Just curious there.)