What should Disney buy next?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I think they should buy
Dr. Seuss Books: His library would fit because not are they family oriented, but a lot of people love them, and kids still love em to this day.
Amblin Entertainment: I don't why on this one, maybe it's because they already have Lucasfilm and MARVEL, that it would pretty much fit the list.
Felix The Cat: I've said it before in a earlier thread, and I still think Disney should go for the cat, there's just something about Felix that would fit Disney in some way.
The Jim Henson Company: To finally put Jim Henson's work in one label, yeah, I know it would stop them from being independent, but I just want Jim Henson's work finally put in a one labeled library.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's my list of what I think they should buy next...

• Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.

Oh, and did I mention they should buy nothing else?

For the record, they already own Lucasfilm and Marvel, and why would they buy out JHC? They've already erased Jim's name from everything Muppet-related, they would essentially erase his entire company. Also, I don't believe JHC was ever an independent company - even when Jim was alive, everything he did was in a partnership or association with another company.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company: To finally put Jim Henson's work in one label, yeah, I know it would stop them from being independent, but I just want Jim Henson's work finally put in a one labeled library.

They'd still need to buy Sesame Workshop to fully put all of Jim Henson's works back under one label.

If they did buy Henson, I wonder if they would merge The Jim Henson Company with Muppet Studios or keep them "separate". One good thing that would come out of this would be that Henson would no longer be required to edit Kermit from Emmet Otter or Christmas Toy.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
They'd still need to buy Sesame Workshop to fully put all of Jim Henson's works back under one label.

If they did buy Henson, I wonder if they would merge The Jim Henson Company with Muppet Studios or keep them "separate". One good thing that would come out of this would be that Henson would no longer be required to edit Kermit from Emmet Otter or Christmas Toy.
I don't really count it all that much, because Jim Henson only created the puppets for the program, I don't think he really created anything else.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Here's my list of what I think they should buy next...

• Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
  • Nothing.
I'd like to add the following to that list:
  • No Single Thing
  • Not Anything
  • Absolutely Nothing
  • Zilch
  • No Thing
  • Nada
And maybe Disney should buy a Goose Egg, as well. Just a thought.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'd like to add the following to that list:
  • No Single Thing
  • Not Anything
  • Absolutely Nothing
  • Zilch
  • No Thing
  • Nada
And maybe Disney should buy a Goose Egg, as well. Just a thought.
They've probably already bought a goose egg. :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I read an article recently that said the reason they are buying everything under the sun, is because Mickey Mouse will go under public domain in 2015 or something like that.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I got the strange feeling a few days ago that Disney was going to acquire Fraggle Rock from Henson. I have nothing to support that, just a feeling.

Dunno how I'd react if this actually happened. On the one hand, Disney lacks the kindness and idealistic optimism that the show exemplifies. On the other hand, Pixar would stand a better chance of doing right by 'em. On the gripping hand, with Disney behind 'em something might actually happen.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Disney did have some control over the Fraggles back in the early 90's when they released some of there shows on VHS Video.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the strange feeling a few days ago that Disney was going to acquire Fraggle Rock from Henson. I have nothing to support that, just a feeling.

Dunno how I'd react if this actually happened. On the one hand, Disney lacks the kindness and idealistic optimism that the show exemplifies. On the other hand, Pixar would stand a better chance of doing right by 'em. On the gripping hand, with Disney behind 'em something might actually happen.

Ugh, no, don't give dannyhooley any more fuel to post more of their spam threads please. :sigh: