What is your favorite Sesame ABC's?

Natalie

Reaction score
Ok, this is kinda specific, but what is your favorite presentation or singing of the alphabet on SS? I know they've done so many, but I'm sure some of you have a favorite.

Mine is when there are a bunch of chickens singing in sort of 18th century costumes, kinda operaish. The main chicken keeps hitting the other two out of the way. I think it's hilarious and a little different too. Anyone else seen this one?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
My favorite is the Anything Muppets running up to the screen and saying the letters...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey, what a great question! :smile:

Really!

It is!

:big_grin:

OMG, my FAAAAAAAVORITE one is so random, probably not many people'll remember what I'm talkin' about...

Okay, like, it's animated, and it starts at one end of a white room---this krane thingy puts the letter "A" through the window (which opens into blakk outer spase, it looks like---it's probably night, but I always thought it looked "spasey").

And so this whooooole masheen prosess thingy starts, with different mekhanikal stuff transormin' the letter as it goes along to the next one in the alphabet. Like, somethin' mekhanikally different happens, and "A" bekomes "B", "B" bekomes---YOU KNOW WHAT (*shudder*), and so on, until "Z", whikh ruins the alphabet (sorry if I ruined that for anybody), and "Z" goes out the open window in the other end of the white room into outer spase/night.

OH JEEZ I HOPE SOMEBODY REMEMBERS THIS TOOOOOO!!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
All the Kermit ones!

1.) Kermit and the little girl (Cookie Monster!)
2.) African Alphabet
3.) Alphabet in the Swamp

- Billy :cool:

Splurge

Reaction score
I guess among my favorites....

-Grover the Waiter and the Alphabet Soup
-The Alphabet Secret which involved Herry, Grover, & numerous Anything Monsters, including one who lived in a mailbag(?).
-Lefty getting a secret message from his boss, a Fat Blue gangster type. (Lefty's facial reactions in this are great!)

-I guess I have a place in my heart for the song with Lena Horne.

ssetta

Reaction score
I do know the space one that Janice & Mokey's Man is talking about, and I remember this other one that practically no one remembers:

It starts off with a woman on a horse singing a country version of the traditional Alphabet Song, and at the end she sings:
d` The country is the place for me d`
d` You all come to our jamboree d`

And then it continues into this upbeat/city version, with guys singing, much faster, and at the end, they sing:
d` Dig that crazy alphabet d`
d` How much hipper can you get? d`

Then, finally, they do a mexican waltz version. This one shows a field of all the letters, marching into their places as they are sung. Then, at the end, they sing:
d` Now that you have learned the song
d` Next time you can sing along d`d`

This is all one segment, with 3 different variations. Not many people know this one. Because there's so many alphabet songs, a lot of people would think of a different one.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and runners-up are the one where kids all have balloons and run in sped-up time to form the letters one by one, and Kermit's "Afrikan Alphabet".

:smile:

*sigh*

*missin' his khildhood*

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

THANK you!

PHEW...I don't have to kall the looney bin.

:smile:
You sure about that? Maybe you should re-read and re-Konsider... LOL!