What if there had been a Muppet Show season 6?

jediX

Reaction score
I was wondering the other day whilst strung out on the couch recovering from surgery, what if there had been a TMS season 6? What guests would you have liked to have seen, had this actually happened? Remember, they would have had to have been famous/sorta-famous in 1981/82-ish.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
A sixth season would have been interesting.Guest stars I could imagine them having during that season:George Harrison:Valerie Bertanelli:Bette Midler:Johnny Carson:William Shatner:Olivia Newton John:Sheena Easton:Rod Stewart:Micheal Jackson:stick_out_tongue:aul Anka:Gary Coleman:Beatrice Arther:Lucille Ball:Jackie Glreason:Sammy Davis Jr.:Harrison Ford:Leslie Gore:Sissy Spacek:Mick Jagger:Bill Cosby:Micheal J.Fox:Scott Baio:Roy Orbison:Barbera Striesand:Marla Gibbs:big_grin:ee Wallace:Jimmie Walker:Jane Curtin:Heather Locklear:John Candy:Charles M.Schulz:Stevie Wonder:Ann Margret:Mel Blanc:Robin Williams:Buffy Saint Marie: :smile:

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
MAN! There isn't one of those that wouldn't be totally awesome! I'm sure the show would've had a different look, taking on some early 80's-ism's like Valley-girlish, new wave, red leather, type stuff. That might've been neat.

eric

Ryan

Reaction score
Well, a few of the performers and writers on the show have said that they were running out of ideas, so it's possible that a sixth season could have been pretty dull. That being said, some Cher, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr episodes couldn't hurt. (the three Beatles mentioned were originally planned for season 5 episodes, but it wasn't in the budget. Cher was slated (and probably taped) for season four as well.)

jediX

Reaction score
Harrison Ford would have been a good one...heck, he STILL would be a good guest for whatever they come up with next.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
jediX said:
Harrison Ford would have been a good one...heck, he STILL would be a good guest for whatever they come up with next.
So would McCartney and Starr!

jrhzoot

Reaction score
Other Possibilities?

This is a neat thread. There's so many choices of people that could've guest starred on The Muppet show had it continued into a 6th season.

*Angela Lansbury (I feel she would've been a wonderful guest star)
*Robert Wagner
*Richard Mulligan
*Mary Tyler Moore
*Dick Van Dyke
*Ella Fitzgerald
*June Lockhart
*Dolly Parton
*Alan Alda

A few that would've been hilarious
*Penny Marshall
*Audra Lindley/Norman Fell
*Shirley MacLaine
*Lily Tomlin

That's who I've come up with so far.

jediX

Reaction score
Johnny Carson would have been a pretty great show, too. Although they both worked with the Muppets on The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show special, John Ritter and Andy Kaufman (who appeared as his alter-ego Tony Clifton in the special) would have been great shows. Bill Murray, as well.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Other possible guest stars TMS could've had were:Betty White:Tom Petty:Bruce Springsteen:John Travolta:Ron Howard:Suzanne Somers:Rodney Dangerfield: :smile:

sixdollarman

Reaction score
I was thinking this very same thing the other night while trying to sleep. Here are a few of my suggestions:
Sally Field, Bill Bixby, Robert Guillaume, Richard Dawson, David Bowie, Waylon Jennings,
Greg Evigan, Lee Majors, Barbara Eden, Pat Benetar, James Earl Jones, Bill Cosby, David Cassidy,
Tim Conway, Bob Crane, Lloyd Bridges, Barry Manilow, Loni Anderson, Victoria Principal,
Andy Gibb, Billy Joel, Carly Simon, Jessica Tandy, Walter Matthau, Carol Kane.
I realize some of these aren't exactly famous in that era but neither was Gene Kelly.