1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    Our forum upgrade is on schedule for Saturday May 25 at 9 am central, 10 am eastern. The forum will be off-line for a minimum of eight hours.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Wembley's Eyes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Foodie, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Foodie

Foodie Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been asked before but how does Wembley move his eyes? Does Steve do it from inside the puppet or are they radio-controled like a doozer or the gorg mouths? Or is it magic? It looks like magic. I bet it's magic. :smirk:

Nick

2. luvtosr

luvtosr Well-Known Member

It has been asked before - here's a link to the thread :)

link

3. Foodie

Foodie Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Hey look! I'm even in that thread! I'm such a dork! :smirk:

That link to the puppet site helped though. They prolly are radio-controled... although, it still seems like no one is definite on this. I'll hafta go ask Wembley myself.

Nick

4. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Well-Known Member

Faz Fazakas would know first and foremost. Anyone know if he's ever been to this board?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

5. Foodie

Foodie Well-Known Member

I've been kinda wondering where his whereabouts may be; on Earth or otherwise. :smirk:

Nick

6. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Well-Known Member

Hello all!

It was my impression that Faz actually passed away a while ago. I seem to remember hearing something to that extent, although, don't quote me on that, as I'm burned out from school at the moment...sheesh.

7. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Well-Known Member

Also, as was posted re: Amy van Gilder's floorwork guide, to bolster the statement, the hair was placed to cover the mech, which involved thumb-controlled servos manipulated by Steve via single joysticks attached to his (Wembley's) arm-rods.

Actually, has anyone stopped to think that possibly with the mech, there is somewhat of an easy way to do the rotation that Wembley's eyes did? Just thinking for a second here gives me an idea that it could also be accomplished with two gears on a bearing, run by a third gear in Wemb's head (under the hair covering) by a small motor (battery-operated, or otherwise) in some manner. Just my two-cents.