1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Wembley and Mokey-Could they switch some episodes?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Dominicboo1, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

We all know Wembley and Mokey are two of the nicest Fraggles, but I could honestly see both of them doing each other's episodes.
    Basically I could see Mokey acting like Wembley did in Wembley and the Gorgs.
    I also think that Wembley would probably be a little too kind to Begoony in the Incredible Shrinking Mokey? So what do you folks think?

2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hm, been so long since I've seen those that it's hard for me to comment, but I can see what you're saying. I can see, in some circumstances, that Wembley and Mokey could be switched, but then both characters bring new aspects to the table (Wembley's unsure-ness, Mokey's dreaminess).

3. Dominicboo1

Oh! That was quick! I agree. I mean mainly in cases when somebody is taking advantage of those two.

4. Grifoshka

Grifoshka Well-Known Member

In my opinion, there aren't many episodes where Mokey and Wembley could be switched (if at least one of them is playing an important role, of course). I'd say being nice is the only thing they have in common, so the only episodes where I can see Mokey instead of Wembley and vice versa, are those dealing with being nice to others, like Incredible Shrinking Mokey and, probably, Wembley and the Gorgs, like you said. Otherwise, they're too different. Mokey has hobbies and is respected among fraggles, while many Wembley episodes are based on his wish for finding an occupation or getting some attention and respect. Also, Wembley is entirely dependent on others, while Mokey is pretty self-dependent and often sets off the plot with her actions. Mokey's more sensible, Wembley's more sensitive. And of course, there are episodes where Mokey's dreamy or Wembley's nervous and noisy character can't be replaced by anybody else.:)

5. Dominicboo1

Yes those were the two I was talkking about!

6. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

These were great generalizations :dreamy: