Wanted: Backstage Playset

figmental

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been dying to get my hands on a Backstage playset... wondering if anyone would be up for a trade? I'm a little low on money now and I think that the only option would be a trade. PM me if interested.

Dearth

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been dying to get my hands on a Backstage playset... wondering if anyone would be up for a trade? I'm a little low on money now and I think that the only option would be a trade. PM me if interested.
As it happens, I recently purchased a spare to upgrade my own, and have yet to list the previous one for sale. It's just the set, no Rowlf.

What have you got for trade? I'd need to get about $190 value out of it to get back what I spent.

Dearth

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the part about PMing you.

figmental

Reaction score
Alright folks, I'm still looking for one. PM me if interested.

figmental

Reaction score
I'm also looking for other figures:

-Complete Pigs in Space Set (playset, Link, Julius)
-Zoot
-Lips
-Janice
-Animal (Web Exclusive or w/ playset)
-Steppin' Out Gonzo or Series 5 Gonzo or Checkered Suit Gonzo
-Lew Zealand
-Series 8 Sam
-Statler and Waldorf
-Pops
-Sweetums
-Movie Usher Scooter
-Superhero Scooter
-Super Beaker
-Adventure Kermit
-Koozebane Kermit (any color)
-Vanishing Beaker
-Steppin' Out Fozzie
-Steppin Out Bunsen/Beaker
-Kitchen Castastrophe Chef
-Santa Chef
-Series 9 Chef

dmoss

Reaction score
I just noticed that someone has a Backstage Playset for sale on eBay, and the bidding has started at $50, with shipping locked-in at $50, as well. It's a pretty decent price, but I highly doubt the price will end that low. :wink:

figmental

Reaction score
I just noticed that someone has a Backstage Playset for sale on eBay, and the bidding has started at $50, with shipping locked-in at $50, as well. It's a pretty decent price, but I highly doubt the price will end that low. :wink:
Yeah I saw that one too.

Animal31

Reaction score
I'm also looking for other figures:

-Complete Pigs in Space Set (playset, Link, Julius)
-Zoot
-Lips
-Janice
-Animal (Web Exclusive or w/ playset)
-Steppin' Out Gonzo or Series 5 Gonzo or Checkered Suit Gonzo
-Lew Zealand
-Series 8 Sam
-Statler and Waldorf
-Pops
-Sweetums
-Movie Usher Scooter
-Superhero Scooter
-Super Beaker
-Adventure Kermit
-Koozebane Kermit (any color)
-Vanishing Beaker
-Steppin' Out Fozzie
-Steppin Out Bunsen/Beaker
-Kitchen Castastrophe Chef
-Santa Chef
-Series 9 Chef

I have Sam, Statler and Waldorf - plus I have Floyd and Dr. Teeth. All still in the package..message me if interested

Dearth

Reaction score
The shipping is that high because the seller is in France. Considering the fragility of the hatrack accessory, even if it's mint in box, I doubt it would survive a trans-Atlantic crossing.

Still, though, it's about half what I recently paid for a never-removed-from-box one that had only had the Rowlf taken out.

Dearth

dmoss

Reaction score
Yep; I figured the shipping would be high. Especially considering, like you said, how fragile it would tend to be. Regarding the Backstage without Rowlf...I don't think I could bring myself to buy it without Rowlf! He's the icing on the cake, and impossible to find alone...! :sympathy:

Dearth

Reaction score
Oh, well, I already had a Rowlf. I'd bought a used backstage playset last year, complete with naked Rowlf, but the stickers were already applied, the hatrack was broken, and it didn't come with a box.

So, when I had a chance to buy another one that was mint in the box, all except the Rowlf had been taken out, I jumped at the chance to have a mint playset.

Alas, that one's hatrack was broken, too, inside the original Palisades wrappings. The things are just too frail!

But it was still cool to upgrade mine to one with no posters applied, and a few other minor glitches corrected.

I plan to list the one with the stickers on eBay at some point, but I'll be including a reproduction set of all eight stickers as well as a brass 'Mayberry Street' dollhouse hatrack which is virtually identical to the broken plastic one. They only cost $3, so I thought it would be a nice gesture to the future buyer.

Dearth