Wackiest Muppet Costume Design

theSHE124

Reaction score
Hey, it's me, the S.H.E., and this is my first thread I've came up with. As you know from my signature, it currently has the link to my Elton John design I'm doing in Talenthouse (and yes, the voting has started:smirk:). I loved reading the guides about the crazy trend of 'Stolen Cars' in the one with John himself:

Don't they all look hilarious?!:smile::laugh: So I wanna know: which costume(s) do you believe was the wackiest any Muppet has ever worn? I would so love to read the replies soon.:wink:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I believe the costume worn by The Count for his role as The Fairy Countfather in the Numberella sketch is one of the wackiest any Muppet has ever worn.

Also, the outfit Gobo Fraggle wore in the "Catch the Tail by the Tiger", the Money Man outfit worn by Statler in the Lynda Carter episode and The Muppets' outfits from the Elton John episode are three of the wackiest any Muppet has ever worn.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
[...] the outfit Gobo Fraggle wore in the "Catch the Tail by the Tiger" [...]
Couldn't agree more, that definitely came to mind :smirk:

Red Fraggle wears that green, vaguely triangular party hat of hers a few times in the series, that's pretty wacky!

Reminds me of a certain Pokémon for some reason:

I would like to add that Doctor Teeth wins at wacky dress just about err'day. :big_grin:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

Red Fraggle wears that green, vaguely triangular party hat of hers a few times in the series, that's pretty wacky!

I would like to add that Doctor Teeth wins at wacky dress just about err'day. :big_grin:
What was the first time she wore "that green, vaguely triangular party hat of hers" on the TV series "Fraggle Rock"?

cjd874

Reaction score
I believe the costume worn by The Count for his role as The Fairy Countfather in the Numberella sketch is one of the wackiest any Muppet has ever worn.

Also, the outfit Gobo Fraggle wore in the "Catch the Tail by the Tiger", the Money Man outfit worn by Statler in the Lynda Carter episode and The Muppets' outfits from the Elton John episode are three of the wackiest any Muppet has ever worn.
That was my first time watching the Numberella sketch! Great one, and a brief yet funny performance from Jerry Nelson as the Count.
Regarding the Lynda Carter episode, I think that ALL of the Muppets' costumes in that episode of TMS are wacky. Fozzie, Scooter, Lew Zealand, Gonzo, and Link Hogthrob all had costumes of their own as a result of their superhero correspondence course. Not to mention Super Sheep... :big_grin:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Review time!

Frackleman, excellent opinions on all the classics! Also, thanks for showing us the 'Numberella' video. Makes me wanna wear a jacket with the number 124.:batty:

Plaid, you're definitely right 'bout Dr. Teeth. By the way, I had no idea you were into Pokemon! I've been keeping track myself since the Kanto Generation, (and yes, it has gotten to a point where I'll likely forget some!) 649!!!:excited:

That was my first time watching the Numberella sketch! Great one, and a brief yet funny performance from Jerry Nelson as the Count.
Regarding the Lynda Carter episode, I think that ALL of the Muppets' costumes in that episode of TMS are wacky. Fozzie, Scooter, Lew Zealand, Gonzo, and Link Hogthrob all had costumes of their own as a result of their superhero correspondence course. Not to mention Super Sheep... :big_grin:
CJD, I too have heard of that episode. Could you or anyone else please place a video clip up here for proof? Because these I ougta see!and... it's a -7!:zany:

Anyway, voting has closed for the Elton John invite at Talenthouse, but I'll still give you guys a chance to see it!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Plaid, you're definitely right 'bout Dr. Teeth. By the way, I had no idea you were into Pokemon! I've been keeping track myself since the Kanto Generation, (and yes, it has gotten to a point where I'll likely forget some!) 649!!!:excited:
I lost track after the Sinnoh Generation and gave up. There's just WAAAAY too many Pokemon to count for now... :sigh:

theSHE124

Reaction score
Review time!

Frackleman, thanks for bringing in the video. Who knew they were so many great songs and performances (and a giant chicken) from that episode? Cause I truly didn't. :coy: Yep, they sure passed it with Flying Muppets!!! By the way, are there names for the costumed superheroes aside from 'Wonder Pig' or 'Super Sheep' or 'Money Man'?

And Ms.Musical, nice opinion really! but do you have a favorite hilarious Muppet Costume? I would like to hear your answer as well as anyone else's...:wink: