1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Video: Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with Matt Vogel, Jennifer Barnhart and Marty Robinson

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Phillip, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Matt Vogel, Jennifer Barnhart and Marty Robinson!

If you enjoyed this video, please like this message and share your thoughts below.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I got to catch the latter half of this and it was absolutely amazing! Not at all what I was expecting, but exactly the thing I needed right now. This was extremely inspiring and I learned a lot. I even did some of the puppeteering exercises along with them in front of a mirror, albeit, with a bare hand and no puppets. But hey, you gotta make the most of what you have.

Buff Beaker and Phillip like this.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I honestly was expecting something like BTF, I didn't know we were actually going to be treated to an actual virtual workshop, and I have to say, I was literally copying every exercize as I was watching (and trying to type one-handed at the same time).

I kind of felt for those volunteers though, you could tell a lot of them were really nervous, but I will admit, Marty was really throwing me off during that last exercize as he got faster and faster!

And it's so eerie how similar that last bit with "Sing" is to what I've been trying to put together and coordinate for a bunch of us YouTube puppeteers to celebrate Season 50 - even the choreography was very similar.

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

My favorite parts were the behind the scenes footage we've never seen before, the blooper with Big Bird and the improvised scene with Telly, the Count and Mr. Johnson.

Buff Beaker likes this.
  5. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yes, the new behind the scenes stuff was great.
    Also, can we get more bloopers please?

Buff Beaker likes this.
  6. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Originally I thought Ernie or Peter Linz was going to be there. Due to the ad show Ernie.

I enjoyed it plus it’s going to help me with a puppeteering shoot.

Buff Beaker likes this.
  7. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

Can I just say how awesome Marty Robinson and Matt Vogel and Jen Barnhart are ! That was such a great video. Marty and Matt are such great performers and awesome people!