Two stumpers No other like them Ms Piggy and Big Bird

elisa

Reaction score
Recently I found two different Muppet plush toys one is a Big Bird, there's a hole in the back of his head, and stick your hand in move his beak, also you can pull a string and it'll say "hi I'm big bird" this may sound familiar to some die hards out there who are thinking. That's the Child Guidance Big Bird the first of his kind. NOPE this is a Child HORIZONS Big Bird,he has no eyelids and his eyes rest on the top of his beak. I have done ours had an hours of research trying to find where child horizons originates all I could find was information on children's books I could find no information as to whether the company at one point merged with another to create child guidance. I can find no other picture that looks like him either. The only reason I knew it wasn't Big Turd or a knock off of sorts is because I saw a drawing of big bird as a kid it scared me. I looked at the date. It was OLD! This is an 8year olds idea of ancient. The early 1970s. Also he definitely has the voice of Big Bird. I will include a picture or two.
The second one is not anywhere near as mysterious. Ive seen others similar in time period, but none with her tight curls and flapper dress. Miss Piggy looks adorable with this hairstyle! Please help me out here. Ahhh I don't know how I can attach the pictures. Anyone who can clue me into how to post them???
Thanks
Elisa

muppetperson

Reaction score
you can only link to a website or you have to join a photo hosting site, like photobucket, and then download to that and then paste to here.

elisa

Reaction score
Awesome okay I will do that. thanks for the reply