• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • Christmas Music
    Our 19th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.
  • Sesame Street at Macy's Parade
    Thursday morning, see the Sesame Street cast headlining the opening number of the 93rd Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on NBC.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Twelve Year-Old Ventriloquist Darci Lynne on America's Got Talent

gavry3

Reaction score
1. Tyra Banks?!?!?

2. The good thing about being in a community who loves puppetry is that you can always surprise someone. The majority of people I know- in real life or not- have a very good sense of humor when in comes to puppetry. You can always assure yourself that if a puppeteer/ventriloquist comes on these kinds of shows they will get LOTS of recognition, for example, Terry Fator, Paul Zerdin, Patsy May, etc...

3. Tyra Banks?!?!?

4. Interesting technique: She attached the right arm to the chin with a rod so whenever the head moves so does the arm, kind of like Big Bird's hands.

5. Tyra Banks?!?!?

6. Apparently she was on Little Big Shots UK.

gavry3

Reaction score
That was very adorable. That special surprise at the end was especially wonderful.

Now I want her to win the thing, just like Mr. Fator. :smile:
Don't forget Paul Zerdin!

If a 12 year old can enter with this talent, YOU CAN TOO!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I guess I'm a few months late, but I don't watch these kind of shows, but I did come across this video on YouTube fairly recently and was pretty blown away. I was genuinely pleased.

She is extremely talented and her future looks bright.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Oxford Dictionaries said:
joke
[jōk]
jest · witticism · quip · pun · play on words · gag · wisecrack · crack · one-liner · rib-tickler · knee-slapper · thigh-slapper · punch-line · groaner
VERB
jokes (third person present) · joked (past tense) · joked (past participle) · joking (present participle)
  1. make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly:
    "she could laugh and joke with her colleagues" · "“It's OK, we're not related,” she joked"
    synonyms: tell jokes · crack jokes · jest · banter · quip · wisecrack · josh · fool · fool around · play a trick · play a practical joke · tease · kid · fun · pull (someone's leg) · pull/jerk/yank someone's chain · make a monkey out of someone · put someone on
    • archaic
      poke fun at:
      "he was pretending to joke his daughter"

ORIGIN
late 17th cent. (originally slang): perhaps from Latin jocus ‘jest, wordplay.’
:stick_out_tongue: