TV characters that remind you of the Sesame Street Muppets

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Let me start:

*There's a series of short claymation segments on Nickelodeon called "Purple and Brown", and it's about these two purple and brown "blobs" who do nothing but act and laugh like idiots. And they look a bit like Cookie Monster (the 1969-1971 Cookie puppet, when his head was much smaller)

*Top Cat does kind of remind me of Oscar a bit. I mean, because he lives in a trashcan and they both like to play pranks

*In Xaolin (correct spelling?) Showdown, there's a bad guy named Jack (I think), who to me is like The Count as a teenager

Your turn

wiley207

Reaction score
There's an old 1960s cartoon by Rankin-Bass (the people that made "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and all those Christmas specials you see on ABC Family) called "Tales of the Wizard of Oz." Socrates the Strawman reminds me of Ernie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjyv_i0tBSk

Drtooth

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
*In Xaolin (correct spelling?) Showdown, there's a bad guy named Jack (I think), who to me is like The Count as a teenager
Jack Spicer is who you're referring too. Well, I guess his goth styling is reminicent, but I really don't see it otherwise.

Anyway, I Do think absolutely any 1930's comedic duo reminds me of Bert and Ernie, but that's where they came from. That style of comedy.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Count Spankula (Codename: Kids Next Door)-The Count

Steve (Married with Children)-Bob

Professor Utonium-Guy Smiley

Bloo (Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends)-Cookie Monster

abiraniriba

Reaction score
May be 2 obvious

At the risk of sounding obvious Felix Unger/Oscar Madison from the old Odd Couple shows and Ernie & Bert
Other than that Stewie on Family Guy has the same head as Ernie
Kuzco of Kuzco's New School has an egomaniacal streak that reminds me of Elmo
And Johnny Test is somewhat similar to Beaker in that he's always the guinea pig for his sisters' experiments
and here's a rather obscure connection Naomi Harper on Mama's Family her overuse of yellow reminds me of a certain 8 foot 2 inch tall canary. (insert Big Bird smiley here)

LincolnHeights

Reaction score
For some reason. Carl Winslow and Steve Urkel from Family Matters have always reminded me a lot of Grover and Fat Blue AKA Mr. Johnson.

SSLFan

Reaction score
For some reason, Barney, Baby Bop and BJ(from Barney and Friends) remind me of Big Bird, Zoe, and Elmo. Odd isn't it?!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Though it isn't TV, the basilisk from the 2nd Harry Potter does remind me a bit of Oscar when he was orange---the one from the very first episode, because he looked a lot like a snake in that bit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Elmo is a little egotistical, but in a more innocent childlike way. It's not so much that he's cocky, but that it's clearly all about him.

And I do see similarities between the Barney characters and the newer SS characters as well. Only I see Barney as a combination of Big Bird and Elmo.