TV Alert: Sesame Street on the 42nd Annual Kennedy Center Honors Sunday December 15, 2019

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sunday night make plans to watch one of Sesame Street's biggest nights of the year as the cast and crew are celebrated at the 42nd Annual Kenedy Center Honors. Sesame Street will become the very first television show ever to receive this prestigious award. The Kennedy Center Honors airs at 8|7 central on CBS.

On hand will be the Sesame Street Muppets, Sesame Workshop founders Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett and other special guests. The cast and crew wore yellow Big Bird feathers in honor of Caroll Spinney, the beloved late Muppeteer who died last Sunday December 8, 2019.

If you saw this special, please like this post and share your thoughts below.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This was fun. Big Bird thinking Tom Hanks' name was Thanks and trying to sit in his lap was funny. This is My Street was the perfect song for the occasion. I could tell that Leslie was still grieving over losing Caroll. I empathized with her.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Ha, the opening between Big Bird and Mr. T.Hanks was a laugh. As well as the standing ovation from the entire audience as they all “Sing.”
I thought the sing-a-long was great. And it didn't seem to be just a polite standing ovation/sing-a-long. The audience really seemed to appreciate it and enjoyed it.