TV Alert: Sesame Street at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday morning don't miss the Sesame Street Muppets and cast with special guest Christopher Jackson on the "123 Sesame Street" float at The 90th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. This will be the 42nd consecutive year that the cast of Sesame Street has made an appearance.

The parade begins at 9 am eastern on NBC. Sesame Street's appearance is scheduled for approximately 10 am eastern.

Please note, the parade may be delayed an hour or so for your time zone, so be sure to check local listings for accurate start times. Also in some markets, NBC will be re-airing the parade in the afternoon so check local times for broadcasts in your area.

If you want to discuss the Muppets appearance in the parade, please join the discussion here.

If you saw the Macy's parade, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

wiley207

Reaction score
I saw Herry Monster on the Sesame Street float! Good to see him back in action!

Just Elmo and Abby Cadabby were in the nest with Big Bird. They're still the two main Muppet stars it seems, with Big Bird as their sidekick...

When they introduced the float, they played an instrumental of the 2009-2015 "Sesame Street" opening theme, like at the 2014 parade. At least it's a bit more relevant than the 1992 closing credits theme, which they used to play until after 2013. :stick_out_tongue:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That song did not really feature any of the Muppets really well.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed... All we heard was a solo line by :wisdom: and another by :insatiable:. Then again, it's to be expected given their current kindness-kick campaign. Kind of makes me nostalgic for when they had songs that allowed the characters to sing different lines in more of an ensemble like "Dance Your Blues Away" or "Sing" which airs here on MCR.

Meh, *shrugs in a :grouchy: manner.

cjd874

Reaction score
I was disappointed that the classic human actors weren't on the Sesame Street float. Alan and Nina were the sole cast members present...no Gordon, Susan, Luis or Bob...not even Gina, Gabi, or Chris. At least I saw Herry Monster on the float, and I've heard he may be returning to the show. So that's nice.

That song did not really featuer any of the Muppets really well.
I think I know why...the Muppet Show cast opened the parade this year, so that would mean people like Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, & David Rudman had to be working the Muppet characters instead of being on the SS float. There must have been some newcomers working on the SS float in that case. It's like when Kevin Clash played Cookie Monster in the 1979 Macy's Parade while Frank Oz and the other core puppeteers at the time were on the Muppet Movie float.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was disappointed that the classic human actors weren't on the Sesame Street float. Alan and Nina were the sole cast members present...no Gordon, Susan, Luis or Bob...not even Gina, Gabi, or Chris. At least I saw Herry Monster on the float, and I've heard he may be returning to the show. So that's nice.

I think I know why...the Muppet Show cast opened the parade this year, so that would mean people like Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, & David Rudman had to be working the Muppet characters instead of being on the SS float. There must have been some newcomers working on the SS float in that case. It's like when Kevin Clash played Cookie Monster in the 1979 Macy's Parade while Frank Oz and the other core puppeteers at the time were on the Muppet Movie float.
Well it's a dubed song....

Schfifty

Reaction score
That song did not really feature any of the Muppets really well.
Well, you could obviously hear Elmo singing the harmony.

I just saw the performance, and it was a great treat to see them again. One question, though: why didn't they have Oscar the Grouch?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know this isn't the first time cast members have been absent but, I was a little worried about Chris not being there. Last time cast members were missing it turned out to be a bad sign, plus I haven't really seen him in any behind the scenes stuff for season 48 yet, but then again, not that much has surfaced from that season so i'm probably just being paranoid.
I just saw the performance, and it was a great treat to see them again. One question, though: why didn't they have Oscar the Grouch?
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's a bit odd, I don't think he's ever been missing from the float, not to mention, he's one of the six main characters on the show so it's a little surprising.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oscar was there he was in the back of the float.