- Feb 22, 2004
- Reaction score
He doesn't really look like that Muppet anymore though! :-DThis was very funny! Best part was Frank Oz's "WHAT?!"
I loved the "taking a bow" banter, the "pork, beans, & laundry" remarks, and how Frank phrased the main concept of puppeteering: "The voice is only 10 percent of it, the rest is 90 percent." Also: Frank's eyes seemed to be narrowing as Colbert mentioned Frank as the "VOICE" of all the Muppets. We all know how much Frank dislikes the voice talk and it seemed like he was going to berate Colbert or something.
PS I wonder what Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Sam the Eagle, Animal, and Cookie Monster would sound like now...he hasn't performed any of them for eight years...he probably still has it in him, since he still performs Grover and Bert on occasion.
Also, Colbert is apparently unaware of the fact that Frank already has a Muppet look-alike: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Frank
I thought the interview was fab. I'm a huge Colbert fan, and when he ran over to Frank, I could've piddled on the floor I was so darn excited. I think he and Stephen played very well off each other.
I was very stoked to hear him talk, too, because all I heard was Fozzie. :-D