TV Alert: "A New York Christmas to Remember" honoring Jane Henson airs Christmas Eve

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas Eve watch "A New York Christmas to Remember" at 11:35 eastern, 10:35 central on CBS. Check local listings for times in your area.

Throughout this hour-long special, Regis Philbin will proclaim Biblical stories intercut with the puppet performances of Heather and Cheryl Henson. Jane Henson, who died this year, had a long history with puppetry and while studying theology was taken with the medieval three-dimensional Nativity scenes. She creatively blended these into a new format using puppets. Jane’s daughter, Heather, brought this to life, and along with her sister, Cheryl, the puppets have toured and performed the Nativity Story.

If you saw "A New York Christmas to Remember" honoring Jane Henson, please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been watching the special since it began... and mere words cannot begin to describe just how blown away I am by this, it's very much like watching a Nativity scene come to life before my eyes; the puppetry is absolutely stunning and beautiful, I think Jim would have been very much proud of Jane's vision.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I thought it was fantastic! I just hope the atheists weren't turned off by all the Nativity stuff.

Slackbot

Reaction score
As an atheist, I would have watched it as part of the lore and culture surrounding Christmas. Unfortunately, Atlanta's CBS affiliate broadcast a local church service instead. How disappointing.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
As an atheist, I would have watched it as part of the lore and culture surrounding Christmas. Unfortunately, Atlanta's CBS affiliate broadcast a local church service instead. How disappointing.
Kim, they aired it at midnight when I recorded it.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Aw, crud, I could have seen it after all? Drat!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, I missed it too because I went to sleep around 11:30 local time. Besides, it'll probably surface on youtube or toughpigs or the Mindset next week.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I watched the first of it, and was blown away by the music and the puppetry. It was a little out of the box for some of the things Henson does, and has done in the past, but I think both Jim, and Jane would have been very impressed with it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So I read that Jane Henson created these puppets and they've been doing it for the last few years, only now actually broadcasting a performance. Was this fact known among Muppet fans? I was surprised to hear about Jane creating some puppets. Interesting fact.

I'd say it was okay. Of course I was tired when it was on, and I normally go to bed earlier on Christmas Eve. But I got through all of it. Enjoyed the tribute section. Was the special (not counting the tributes and other obviously pre-recorded stuff) performed live?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
All the puppetry was beautiful as always and it's a wonderful thing that Heather and Cheryl are keeping their parents' legacy alive while celebrating the story of Christmas at the same time. I think both Jane and Jim would have been proud of this production and their children for sharing it.