Toy Story 3 Teaser Trailer released

Drtooth

Reaction score
Toy Story 3 teaser

Now, like most of Pixar's teaser trailers, it doesn't exactly show anything happening in the film. But none the less, I'm totally excited. I have nothing but faith that Pixar will make TS3 a smash. After all, TS 2 totally humbled the first one, I think. And Pixar's pledge is never to make a sequal unless they're sure it's better than the previous film (the reason they stopped the DTV sequals after Little Mermaid 3- which was too far into production to do anything about).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I like how the trailer hits on the "old versus new" theme that was a big part of the first film. It's a cute teaser.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Funny! And if Slinky's brief 'Whoa!' is any indication, they've found a suitable voice replacement for the late Jim Varney.

Pork

Reaction score
Just curious...what year did Toy Story come out?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just curious...what year did Toy Story come out?
Toy Story - November 22, 1995
Toy Srory 2 November 24, 1999

Both will be released in 3D this year on October 2, 2009

Pork

Reaction score
wow, was it really that long ago! I really feel like watching toy story now. That's a movie that I should invest in buying on DVD.

Anybody know anything about the plot of the third movie?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
wow, was it really that long ago! I really feel like watching toy story now. That's a movie that I should invest in buying on DVD.

Anybody know anything about the plot of the third movie?

Hmm... I don't know if this is so much a spoiler, but I'll give a spoiler warning anyway for those who don't want to know.

Apparently, Andy has grown up and gone off to college and the toys are donated to a day care center.

Okay, that's not really a plot as much as a situation, but I'm thinking it goes back to the abandonment issues touched on in the first movies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, Andy has grown up and gone off to college and the toys are donated to a day care center.

Okay, that's not really a plot as much as a situation, but I'm thinking it goes back to the abandonment issues touched on in the first movies.
I think there's a lot of potential in that sort of a story line... having the characters deal with that sort of thing on an emotional level. Much more than, in fact, the original Disney's Toy Story 3 (the one they threatened to make if Pixar left... before Disney bought them out), which had Buzz getting recalled back to Taiwan. Glad that never came about recently... that would have hit a real sore spot. "Sorry, Andy. I know you love Buzz, but he's covered in Lead paint. On the plus side, they'll give us a coupon for something you aren't emotionally attached to."

I feel the main reason why Pixar is making a TS3 is so Disney can NEVER EVER EVER even think about making a third one behind their backs, and to prove that they can do much, much better.

That said, I hope they release the Buzz Lightyear animated series by the time the film comes out. I always found that to be a supplemental part of watching the TS franchise. We get to see where Buzz comes from (as a cartoon series Andy could have watched), and explore why he thought he was a superhero in the first film. Plus you gotta see the episode where Buzz is kidnapped and brainwashed to work in an office building.

And one other thing... I SURE hope Hasbro retains the rights to TS merchandise by then. I'd hate to see Mattel get it back. Plus, I really think there was potential in the Toy Box Heroes assortment.

Fluffets

Reaction score
THAT'S AWESOME! It seems lot's of old movie franchises are perking up when they're fans get disappointed. I always thought 2010 would be a good year, it has a cool futuristic name and by the looks of it some great future films.:big_grin: I think all popular old film franchises are going to make a comeback thorugh now and the next 10 years or so. So far we have

Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crytal skull (which was awesome)

Transformers (a big disapointment)

Terminator salvation (which looks like it could be good)

And that's all I can think of, oh and of course this film!:smile: Hope it's good. (How could it not?)

And my future films wish list.......

Jurassic Park 4
Any new muppet films
Fraggle Rock
Red Dwarf: the movie

and Gremlins 3. Oh and one more thing! A new doctor who film.:big_grin:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of potential in that sort of a story line... having the characters deal with that sort of thing on an emotional level. Much more than, in fact, the original Disney's Toy Story 3 (the one they threatened to make if Pixar left... before Disney bought them out), which had Buzz getting recalled back to Taiwan. Glad that never came about recently... that would have hit a real sore spot. "Sorry, Andy. I know you love Buzz, but he's covered in Lead paint. On the plus side, they'll give us a coupon for something you aren't emotionally attached to."
I much prefer the new story line to that. It would be horrible if Disney were left alone with the franchise. I adore Disney and I have been a lifelong fan... but they know how to make some stinker sequels.

There's a huge part of me that wishes this movie wasn't being made. It's not that I am not looking forward to it or that I think it won't be a wonderful film, but it's great to see Pixar working on different new projects. You never really saw Walt Disney making too many sequels at least of his animated films and I think that worked as far as being able to do keep moving forward and to do something different.