Top 9 TV Puppet Shows that Weren't Muppets

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A few glaring omissions:

Anything with Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop.
Dusty's Treehouse
Wimzie's House (for all its copyright infringement, I thought it was decent)
Puzzle Place (no Muppets, but gave a bunch of Muppeteers steady work for two seasons)
Between the Lions (how can they miss a show that racked up a crap load of Emmy's?)

even Waylon Flowers and Madame deserve at least a nod.

snichols1973

Reaction score
A few glaring omissions:

Anything with Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop.
Dusty's Treehouse
Wimzie's House (for all its copyright infringement, I thought it was decent)
Puzzle Place (no Muppets, but gave a bunch of Muppeteers steady work for two seasons)
Between the Lions (how can they miss a show that racked up a crap load of Emmy's?)

even Waylon Flowers and Madame deserve at least a nod.
Also not included on the list was Disney XD's Crash & Bernstein, and even though it was produced by It's a Laugh Productions in conjunction with Disney, Tim Lagasse was the performer behind Crash. Lagasse has worked on such shows as Oobi, It's a Big Big World, Between the Lions, Bear in the Big Blue House, and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss, in addition to being one of the "additional Muppet performers" in TMABC2015 and A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was able to meet Tim in 2004. Christopher Cerf and friends were gearing up for another season of Between the Lions (including episodes concentrating on Spanish). Tim took over Peter Linz's roles, I believe Peter was helping out with Avenue Q. Hopefully he'll get his moment in the sun, too.

Iscah

Reaction score
Last time I checked, Fraggles were Muppets, unless they legally have to be refered to as "The Jim Henson Company Puppets" now.
They're Muppets but not "The" Muppets, the troupe led by Kermit the Frog, which seems to be how the article is using it. It does mention that they are from the same creator.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Crank Yankers gets on there, but not Time for Beany?

Sounds legit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Crank Yankers gets on there, but not Time for Beany?

Sounds legit.
Maybe the person doing this list (and I haven't read the article yet) never saw Time for Beany. I know four episodes were included on a Beany and Cecil DVD set, and I don't know if details on any additional episodes are known (I haven't found the others on YouTube, I feel like Wikipedia has a really small article on the show, and TV Tropes either doesn't have a page or doesn't have a big page for it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if they were going for modern fare, there's a crapload of better puppet shows than Crank Yankers. The show is meh at best.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If they researched as far back as Howdy Doody, you would think they'd do a more comprehensive job.

If they're just pulling names randomly out of the air, you might as well call yourself... something like... watchmojo.com