Top 6 Darkest Sesame Street Episodes

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Well, a YouTuber known as Phantom Strider who does videos about dark moments in kid shows did a video of the darkest Sesame Street episodes recently. It's actually a pretty good video and I you should definitely check it out.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I find it a little concerning that the episodes with Julia were "honorable mentions," when they are far from "dark" despite dealing with a realistic matter such as autism.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the "Good Birds Club" is exactly a "dark" moment either.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I love both PhantomStrider and Blameitonjorge. I've always shared that interest in dark kid's shows that they both enjoy.

Yes, Sesame Street can be dark sometimes but by far the darkest kid's show is Funnybones. The theme song tells all lol jk:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
It would have made more sense if they titled it "Top 6 Sesame Street episodes that tackled serious subjects" or something like that because the only episode I really find dark is the one where Big Bird has a lung disease

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I love both PhantomStrider and Blameitonjorge. I've always shared that interest in dark kid's shows that they both enjoy.

Yes, Sesame Street can be dark sometimes but by far the darkest kid's show is Funnybones. The theme song tells all lol jk:
the intro sounds like a musical version of the kids story "In a Dark Dark Room"

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
hooperfan, was the episode you're referring to a Season 10 broadcast (initially aired on April 27, 1979) with Grandma Harriet visiting during a blackout? I agree, that was a pretty dark and gloomy episode, especially since the power was not restored as the sponsors (A, F, and 12) were announced, and I do recall the nighttime version of the closing theme being heard during the Friday credit roll. I vividly remember seeing a Canadian broadcast of said episode back in 1980.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
hooperfan, was the episode you're referring to a Season 10 broadcast (initially aired on April 27, 1979) with Grandma Harriet visiting during a blackout? I agree, that was a pretty dark and gloomy episode, especially since the power was not restored as the sponsors (A, F, and 12) were announced, and I do recall the nighttime version of the closing theme being heard during the Friday credit roll. I vividly remember seeing a Canadian broadcast of said episode back in 1980.
I think he was joking (blackout = darkness).