Tonight: The (Person??) is Back!!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Tonight, live in Kansas City, is none other than Sir Elton John!

And guess what?

I will be there!

Nine rows back!

That's right, it's Elton John's Peachtree Road Tour and my wonderful wife bought tickets for me as a birthday present. I really like Elton John's music (I've been singing Goodbye Norma Jean, Crocodile Rock and Beyond the Yellow Brick Road the past three days) and I can't wait for the concert tonight. It will also be the first guest of The Muppet Show that I've seen live.

I'll let you all know how it went!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
OH MAN! That's soooo cool! I'd love to see him in concert.

I made an Elton John puppet for a friend of mine who is TOTALLY OBSESSED with him.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Cool news Ryan.I've seen him in concert 3 times,always gives a terrific performance.:smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back; I've had a busy weekend.

The concert was waaay better than I could have imagined. Elton was much more conservative than I would have thought, but very energetic and very gracious.

Our seats were in row H. However, due to the way Kemper Arena (Kansas City) is set up, we were actually in the front row at the side of the stage! Though we were at his back, it was so great because everytime he turned to acknowledge our side of the audience, it was like he was looking right at me!

After the show, I realize that I definitely need to pick up a copy of Peachtree Road, his latest CD. He played seven songs from the new album and they sounded terrific.

The man did not disappoint, for after the new songs he went straight into a set of his best known classics (excluding, to my surprise and disappointment, Goodbye Norma Jean and Crocodile Rock). Far and away his best performance was (go figure) The (Person) is Back.

The decibal level rivaled Arrowhead Stadium (circa mid to late 90's) and my ears were ringing bigtime for a few hours afterwards, but it was so worth it. If you ever get a chance to see Elton John in concert, I suggest you go for it. I bet it would be hard to find a more exciting or professional performer than Elton John.

christyb

Reaction score
Thats cool. Thanks for sharing with us Ryan. Oh yeah, missed having ya around here. How's school coming along?