TMS Outline - Michael Nesmith (partial)

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, Michael Nesmith is one of the Monkees (he's the one who always wore the green wool hat). Along with being a Muppet Nut, I am also a Monkee Junkee, and Mike is my favorite. I made a note of this being partial, as I don't have a full script, or major idea for it, just some stuff here and there, but I wanted to share what I had, anyway.

COLD OPEN: I don't have anything, except for Michael Nesmith saying something along the lines of "This isn't the first time I've performed with a bunch of monkeys."

MUPPET SHOW THEME: Quango (sp?) the monkey stuffs a banana into Gonzo's trumpet

OPENING NUMBER: "Paint It Black," sung by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem

BACKSTAGE: I got nuthin', sorry.

GUEST STAR: Michael Nesmith sings "I Fall to Pieces," with Crazy Harry pushing his dynamite plunger every time Mike sings the chorus, and causes various whatnots to go flying. At the end of the number, Mike pushes his own dynamite plunger, and causes Crazy Harry to go flying.

BACKSTAGE: still nothing

VET'S HOSPITAL: Dr. Bob, Nurse Piggy, and Nurse Janice operate on a Muppet Monkey and crack bad monkey puns

UK SPOT: Kermit, Fozzie, various whatnots sing "Ta-Ra-Ra-Boom-Dee-Ay" with (of course) Crazy Harry

MUPPET NEWSFLASH: Killer Tomatoes are on the loose (which segues into the song, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes")

CLOSING NUMBER: Michael Nesmith sings "Joanne."

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Yeah, flesh that out! I'm a little surprised you chose "Paint It Black" for a Muppet production of any kind...it's a gorgeous song, but very, very dark. What about "Steppin' Stone" or "Last Train to Clarksville" instead? The latter could be especially silly, with numerous penguins or chickens or Frackles singing the chorus.

I've never had the pleasure of seeing Mike, but I did attend the 100th birthday party of my hometown, Tampa, back in the day, and The Monkees were the featured entertainment (everyone but Mike was there).

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Yeah, flesh that out! I'm a little surprised you chose "Paint It Black" for a Muppet production of any kind...
It was the first thing that popped into my head. I can't flesh it out because I can't think of what to do with it.