Time-Life Muppet Show DVDs Vol. 16-20

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I remember when Time Life originally said there would be no DVDs of Vol.'s 11 - 15 - and of course they eventually released those.

So I got to thinking when Colubia TriStar started their releases of the same DVDs they said there would be twenty Vol.'s in total (which is nice because that means we'd have exactly 50% of all the episodes!) - so presumably Time Life still have another batch of 5 DVDs up their sleeves (at least I hope they do!).

It would also stand to reason that the Time Life ones will come out before the Columbia TriStar releases... so I figured out that if Columbia TriStar keep releasing 2 DVDs every six months then Vol.'s 15-16 are due out by them in March 2006!!!

So my guess is that Time Life are scheduled to release Vol.'s 16 - 20 sometime in the next 2¾ years. Although I think they would be wise to release them this year as the Muppet brand seems to be hotter than ever... and well I just want them for my DVD shelf!

Oh well at least the Rocky Mountain Holiday DVD is coming out soon and I've never seen that before. And I'm looking forward to the StoryTeller set too (I have fond memories of those from my childhood!!!).

Paul :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Paul, you are on target with your thinking. Columbia can't release any of the "Best of the Muppet Show" titles to retail until Time-Life has released the particular volume for 12 months. So if 5 new discs are added, Time-Life would have them first for a minimum of a year.

I don't know anything official yet about when those 5 will be released or what episodes they might contain. Like you, I hope it is sooner rather than later.

The Storyteller

Reaction score
If Columbia/Tristar(SONY Pictures) releses the Muppet show, then would'nt they have to pay Disney a copyright fee? :confused:

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
This thread was started nearly a year ago though (i.e. back before Disney acquired the Muppets)... I guess that means we won't be seeing another 5 volumes in the Time Life series... :frown:

However in the past Disney have done some great work with their Disney Treasures limited edition DVDs (completely uncut stuff from the Disney vaults) - maybe they'll consider something similar with the Muppets. I'd love to see complete uncut Season box sets of the Muppet Show (with original title sequences on Season 1)... please Disney!!! :smile: