Time Life DVD Update!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Time Life DVD Update!!!

This is the reply I received to a reather biting email I sent out over the weekend:

Thank you for taking the time to write. It is my pleasure to be of assistance.

We appreciate your taking the time to express your opinion. Rest assured, I will forward your comments to the appropriate department.

We are in the planning stages of producing our products in DVD format. Currently, we only have the first 10 volumes in the new format. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may cause. Please check with us in a few months, as we expect to have additional volumes in DVD format by this summer.

If you have any questions, or whenever we can be of service, please feel free to contact our office.

Sincerely,

Lisa White
Customer Service - Internet

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Jamie!

I send an email out to Henson and Time-Life about once a month or so to show my support. Each time, their replies stick pretty close to the mark, but every once in a while, I get a small variation like this. It makes me think that perhaps our letters do make a difference and that now instead of not continuing the line at all, they've decided to at least release volumes 11-15 on DVD, which would be nice.

Now, how many letters do you suppose we'd have to write to get more full episodes on Home Video? Heck, since Time-Life has been pretty clear on the fact that they will not be continuing their library, I'm all about backing Henson to go with a new distributor to release episodes that Time-Life did not.

[cracks knuckles and starts in on a new letter]

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I told them I would email them weekly and possibly write as well until they relented or it was clear that they were totally scrapping the plans all together. LOL!

scarecroe

Reaction score
Nice!

I threatened to tie myself, naked, to a Greg the Bunny billboard screaming, "Puppets on DVD!! Puppets on DVD" if they didn't realease any more.

I could actually hear the laughter in the digital void of cyberspace.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I thought someone posted on the old forum that they got an email from Time-Life saying they would not be doing any more Muppet anythings. Was that just part of a nightmare?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes they did, but this reply was recent - - today. So that's why I posted it. I think they are speaking out of both sides of their mouths, but who knows. Things could have changed.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well that's one more down for summer. LOL! Was the reply recent? I hope we get five more (at least).

FER SURE

Reaction score
Discount City

Yesterday or so I recieved my own e-mail from Time-Life. It is a tax season discount offering 25% off every DVD, Video or CD in the catalogs! The body of the message is below

Dear Friend:

Time Life is spreading a little Tax Day cheer to its valued
customers! Here's your special "instant refund" of 25% OFF.
Apply this coupon to your favorite CDs, DVDs and videos at
TimeLife.com -- and get yourself out of the Tax Day Blues.
Minimum purchase of $50 necessary.

Cash in your "refund" at TimeLife.com now!

To claim your 25% off:
Enter DN539T in the coupon code box on the shopping cart page.
And hurry! This offer expires Tuesday, April 30, 2002.*

--------------------
* This offer does not apply to the Monthly Preview Program. Only
one coupon code per order. Coupon expires Tuesday, April 30, 2002.