The water from the pipes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So in the third episode, it's established that the Fraggle Pond gets its water from the pipes when the Pipe Bangers bang on the pipes, which comes because Doc hears noise in the pipes and has to turn it on.

So I wonder how they got the water both before Doc moved and after. I often feel like the workshop had been vacant for a while before Doc moved in, don't know why.

Is Let the Water Run the only episode to establish how water gets filled into the pond? I think it was brought up twice on the animated series.

A form of fridge horror I have had for years... and only now have I thought to start a thread about it.

Harold43

Reaction score
There are many ways to respond to this question. Without being snarky, one response would be lifted straight from a lyric in the "Mystery Science Theater 3000" show: "You're wondering how they eat and breath and other science facts / Well, repeat to yourself 'it's just a show' and you really should relax..."

However, I think that a more pragmatic response would be : Is this what the Fraggles "believe" or what the Fraggles "know"? The Pipebangers seem like the type of organization that doesn't rigorously test their claims and Fraggles, as sensible as they may be, aren't exactly synonymous with being skeptical inquirers (note that Traveling Matt, who fancies himself as an intellectual, creates some very colorful theories about "outer space" on a regular basis).

In the end, it would be nice if there was a level of consistency to explain these types of details but it is, after all, a show designed for children. Only on shows with obsessive-compulsive fanbases (Star Trek: The Original Series?) do you have the type of detail where every single button on every single console on the starship bridge of the Enterprise was retconned with an actual purpose by the fans (Yes, they did that).

The Pipebangers are a funny group, they served their purpose and the show moved onward. As annoying as these quirks are, we just have to accept the limitations of the medium. Of course, what the official version leaves out, fan fiction can always fill in...