The Trump Presidency: Let's Name Some Positives!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
To repeal it, he needs to have an alternative first. But the problem is, he has not given any remote details on how he's going to improve on it or come up with something better.
The Republicans have had a plan in place for awhile

http://abetterway.speaker.gov/_assets/pdf/ABetterWay-HealthCare-Snapshot.pdf

Also from a WSJ interview:

President-elect Donald Trump said he would consider leaving in place certain parts of the Affordable Care Act, an indication of possible compromise after a campaign in which he pledged repeatedly to repeal the 2010 health-care law.

Mr. Trump also showed a willingness to preserve at least two provisions of the law after Mr. Obama asked him to reconsider repealing it during their meeting at the White House on Thursday. Mr. Trump said he favors keeping the prohibition against insurers denying coverage because of patients’ existing conditions, and a provision that allows parents to provide years of additional coverage for children on their insurance policies.

It's encouraging (and refreshing) that he is willing to listen to the opposing side and consider their points of view. That is something that Washington badly needs.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
My positive is I don't live in the USA! ! !
UNLUCKY ! ! ! ! ! !

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, supposedly, Drumph has decided to retract his plan to repeal Obamacare, because he's realized that there's an estimated 22 million Americans who depend on it . . . so, I guess that's one positive.

But what does need to happen is these big insurance companies need to quit jacking up the prices for premiums because they want more money - I mean, real life insurance companies are more and more becoming accurate representations of InsuraCare from THE INCREDIBLES:

BOB: Are you saying we shouldn't help people?
HUPH: The law requires that I answer no.
BOB: We're supposed to help people!
HUPH: We're supposed to help our people! Starting with our stockholders, Bob! Who's helpin' them out, huh?!

This isn't any better than wealthy doctors turning patients away who have Obamacare because they feel they're not getting enough money from said patients covered by Obamacare. Doctors are supposed to be in the medical field to help people, heal the sick, and save lives, not to collect fees so they can go around for rounds of golf at the country club and drink pina coladas on their yachts.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Why the F#UCK are you calling him Drumph
Well, supposedly, Drumph has decided to retract his plan to repeal Obamacare, because he's realized that there's an estimated 22 million Americans who depend on it . . . so, I guess that's one positive.

But what does need to happen is these big insurance companies need to quit jacking up the prices for premiums because they want more money - I mean, real life insurance companies are more and more becoming accurate representations of InsuraCare from THE INCREDIBLES:

BOB: Are you saying we shouldn't help people?
HUPH: The law requires that I answer no.
BOB: We're supposed to help people!
HUPH: We're supposed to help our people! Starting with our stockholders, Bob! Who's helpin' them out, huh?!

This isn't any better than wealthy doctors turning patients away who have Obamacare because they feel they're not getting enough money from said patients covered by Obamacare. Doctors are supposed to be in the medical field to help people, heal the sick, and save lives, not to collect fees so they can go around for rounds of golf at the country club and drink pina coladas on their yachts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's the same ******* name we've all been calling him for months around here! We've been calling him that for months around here and nobody cared or said otherwise. How is this suddenly a big P.C. issue?!

Oh, and by the way, your signature? It's "cannolis," not "cahogies." What the **** is a cahogi anyway?

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
OH YOU WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME DO YOU? ALRIGHT THEN YOU'RE PROBABLY AT HOME ON YOUR COMPUTER/LAPTOP ECT FEELING WELL PROUD OF YOURSELF CORRECTING A TEENAGERS SPELLING ERROR WELL THAT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A F#CKING KNOB AND IF YOUR WEREN'T SO OBSESSED WITH YOUR OWN POSTS AND TRYING TO BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME YOU'D KNOW I DON'T LIVE IN AMERICA. I'M LOOSING ALOT OF RESPECT FOR YOU IN THE LAST WEEK.
It's the same ******* name we've all been calling him for months around here! We've been calling him that for months around here and nobody cared or said otherwise. How is this suddenly a big P.C. issue?!

Oh, and by the way, your signature? It's "cannolis," not "cahogies." What the **** is a cahogi anyway?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I've been losing respect for a lot of people around here this past week. Some people on here actually can talk rationally and discuss things coolly. And then there's those people that just can't stop insulting other people and 'DRUMPH' or whatever the heck you call him.

Can people just give the guy a chance? Jeez Louise, the purpose of this thread was to talk constructively and try to actually get along. My GOD I am mad right now. Seriously people, grow up and act like adults instead of kids who can't do anything but bicker.

Not directed at anyone in particular but just guys stop.