The Trump Presidency: Let's Name Some Positives!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
My post in the Trump thread went unanswered so I thought, you know what? This topic probably deserves its own thread.

The thread has for the most part been filled with arguing and much unfriendly debate. I'm happy that Trump got elected but I'm not happy seeing what's going on across the internet. Today has been one of the most depressing I've had in a while, and I think it's time we changed that.

We can't change anything at this point. Hillary lost. Deal with it. If she had won I'd have just said 'oh well' and continued on with my life.

Now I don't want to see anymore arguing and stuff. This thread has been set up so that we can change course and start naming the positives of a Trump presidency. Come on, there's gotta be something good! It's time we started naming the positives.

Like the old adage says, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. Let's name some positives!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
He's also the first president since Eisenhower to not have been in politics prior to becoming president, so, yeah. That makes two thing. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Several things:

He's promised to roll back some of the executive orders of President Obama.
Reducing regulations on small businesses will go a long way in helping out small business owners, the backbone of our country.

Reducing taxes on small businesses, allowing them to invest more in their businesses and helping to create more jobs.

Repealing Obamacare. While I do agree that something needs to be done addressing the high cost of healthcare and allowing people that were not covered by insurance before to be covered, the current Healthcare bill IS NOT the answer. Even Bill Clinton said "This bill is the most ridiculous bill ever". People's insurance premiums are going through the roof, a 26% increase on average (mine went up 60%!!!). And in order to get a health insurance plan that is even remotely affordable you have to take one with a very high deductible, $6000-$7500 on average. Not only is this unaffordable to most Americans it is sucking money out of the economy. I'm not saying it should be repealed completely but it definitely needs some major overhaul.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Repealing Obamacare. While I do agree that something needs to be done addressing the high cost of healthcare and allowing people that were not covered by insurance before to be covered, the current Healthcare bill IS NOT the answer. Even Bill Clinton said "This bill is the most ridiculous bill ever". People's insurance premiums are going through the roof, a 26% increase on average (mine went up 60%!!!). And in order to get a health insurance plan that is even remotely affordable you have to take one with a very high deductible, $6000-$7500 on average. Not only is this unaffordable to most Americans it is sucking money out of the economy. I'm not saying it should be repealed completely but it definitely needs some major overhaul.
To repeal it, he needs to have an alternative first. But the problem is, he has not given any remote details on how he's going to improve on it or come up with something better.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's promised to roll back some of the executive orders of President Obama.
That's positive how? Some of those executive orders gave basic human rights to groups of people who were otherwise persecuted and outcasted in years past. How is that positive?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That's positive how? Some of those executive orders gave basic human rights to groups of people who were otherwise persecuted and outcasted in years past. How is that positive?
If you are going to quote me then quote the whole statement. Here is the full quote:

"He's promised to roll back some of the executive orders of President Obama. Reducing regulations on small businesses will go a long way in helping out small business owners, the backbone of our country."
Note the word SOME. Kinda important here. I didn't say anything about rolling back the rights for certain groups. I was specifically talking about the regulations on small businesses.