The Sesame movie that never was

Oscarfan

Reaction score
New on the Wiki, the craziest thing they could've ever made:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I almost don't want to believe this, simply because it sounds so ridiculous and far-fetched for an SS movie, but I see this information is sourced from the CTW archives.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I almost don't want to believe this, simply because it sounds so ridiculous and far-fetched for an SS movie, but I see this information is sourced from the CTW archives.
The cover page has the CTW address footer on it, so it's definitely real. There's also an internal memo regarding it (which we didn't get, unfortunately).

cjd874

Reaction score
Far-fetched is right. Even though it's real, it sounds more like a third-rate fan fiction than a legitimate movie summary. I doubt that Jon Stone, Jim Henson, Norman Stiles, Caroll Spinney, and company would have went ahead with this. It's way more bizarre than the "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" draft that Henson, Jerry Juhl, and Frank Oz created. However, my most pressing question is...

How come Bob wasn't involved in the storyline, but HERBERT BIRDSFOOT was?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I kind of can't help but wonder if, perhaps the Grouch Anthem at the beginning of FTB was somehow salvaged from this treatment - it seems like it would be an apropos opening to a political SS movie.

gravy

Reaction score
I gotta say, it's an interesting concept... I think it would've done well as a special, like BB in China/Japan.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
New on the Wiki, the craziest thing they could've ever made:

Sometimes I’m glad movies are not made, but this one sounds weird and bizarre. I think FTB was a better movie than what this would’ve been. Plus the whole idea of Big Bird being president sounds better as a special than a movie.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I guess the idea of a character becoming president was used with Elmo years later, albeit, in his imagination:

SST certainly had some bizarre movie ideas. Not sure if I should mention it or not but, has anyone heard of the Sesame Street Fever movie. I don't remember the plot exactly, but there was something about the Beegees, and I think Jackson Five making appearances, and their being this sequence where one of the characters is on Hollywood Squares. It was bizarre.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess the idea of a character becoming president was used with Elmo years later, albeit, in his imagination:
Man, I will never forget how SW so coincidentally released that video the exact same week I released Steve D'Monster's campaign to be the first monster president in history! IIRC, I released his on a Monday, they released theirs that Thursday or Friday.