The Red Green Show

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This episode of The Red Green Show is duct taped in front of a live studio audience.

"I'm a man. But I can change. If I have to. I guess."
- Possum Lodge Prayer

Has anyone else seen The Red Green Show? I first saw it several years ago when I was 6 or 7, I don't really remember. At the time, I thought the guy playing Red Green was Jerry Nelson. You gotta admit, they do look a bit alike.

I've actually found The Red Green Show to be quite a bit like The Muppet Show in the type of comedy they do, also just the overall feel of the show seems quite TMS-esque.

You can visit www.redgreen.com

And remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love the men's prayer! :stick_out_tongue: I always get a chuckle out of that. And my brother shares Red's love of duct tape; he made a wallet out of duct tape once, and he covered his whole guitar case in duct tape. I always complain when my brother turns it on, but truthfully I get a kick out of it. Harold's a hoot - gotta love the nerds! All the characters are fun. I love the Possum Lodge Word Game, and how they always get the right answer by accident at the last minute. When I think about it, I actually find it a lot funnier than Saturday Night Live. Fun show. :big_grin:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oooh, great pic! It greatly "weeeeeee"-ified my brother when he saw it. :big_grin:
Erin

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Actually, seeing some older pictures on that website makes him look more like Jim Henson than Jerry Nelson....

dwayne1115

Reaction score
lol that pic brings new meaning to the words "pot- head" lol i love tom green he is probly the only thing out of canada i like show wise keep up the work Red

Red Green is a heck of a lot better then tom green in my book :smile: of cours the frog is the best green of them all.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I used to watch Steve Smith (the guy that plays Red) on a variety show with his wife in the eighties called "Smith And Smith". It was even MORE TMS like, as it was that kind of disjointed-varitey-like type of thing. He used to play all sorts of characters. One that always made me laugh was one time he was one of those idiot spokesmen for the tobacco companies, always telling you that it was OK to smoke. The line that always got me was: "Sure, I've heard smoking stunts your growth, but who wants a big growth?" They also used to parody Polka Dot Door (ask my fellow Canadians about that one) with a really simplistic kids show where the answers were terribly obvious. Hilarious.

They moved on to a sitcom (Canadian only, of course) with their kids, I believe, and I'm not sure, but I think it was called "Me And Max". I don't remember liking it as much as the variety style show, and lost interest in Steve until he invented Red.

Anyone else remember these shows?

later
eric

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
They also used to parody Polka Dot Door (ask my fellow Canadians about that one) with a really simplistic kids show where the answers were terribly obvious. Hilarious.
Well, I'm not Canadian, but I sure remember the Polka Dot Door! Assuming it's the same show. I loved it so much that I made my own Polka Dot playhouse by affixing construction paper circles to a refrigerator box. Fun times. :smile: I remember being very upset when they were showing the Challenger explosion instead of the Polka Dot Door...
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
Could someone show me a pic of these shows. I think I remember that show just not all that well. I watch The Red Green show just don't recall the others u mention that showed in the 80's.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oh no...

My step-dad loves this show. I think it's kinda cute, but it's really not my sort of thing... the humours a little dull for me. ^^;;

Did any of you see the movie for it? 'Twas called "Duct Tape Forever". Red and Harold go to a duct tape competition (with a giant duct tape goose XD) with hopes of winning 3rd place (yes, their goal is 3rd. They don't want 1st, or 2nd, just 3rd. X3 I thought that was funny) to win some money to save Possum Lodge. It's pretty cute. You've all probably seen it before anyway, so I'm just wasting time writing aboot it...

^_^ Debo