The next Transformers Cartoon REVEALED!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the fanbase complain about this one prematurely

It's kind of disappointing that A) Transformers Prime ended and B) this is an over a year long wait for the next series... but Hasbro actually seems more clever this time with the roll out of an animated series. Waiting a year after the movie will probably stop this series from being screwed by the Movie's merchandise like TFA and (at the beginning) TFP were.

The premise it pretty thin... it's a continuation (but it sounds like a loose one) of TFP with Bumblebee (who finally got a voice at the end of the series) being the leader.

I hope this series manages to find a way to fit in Grimlock and Wreck-Gar. They were both left out of TFP's main program (Grimlock is in the comic adaption of TFP: Beast Hunters, Wreck-Gar was written into some expanded universe novel).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems no one's interested, but a few new details surfaced.

It will have the Same animation studio as Prime as expected (it's a continuation after all)'

The series will be called Robots in Disguise... which isn't confusing at all. The cast is set at Bumblebee, Sideswipe, a newcomer named "Fixit," and an undisclosed Dinobot (fingers crossed for Grimlock). The basic premise disclosed so far is that the Decepticons are starting to re-emerge back on Earth, and Bumblebee heads up a crew to defeat them.

Sounds pretty good, so far.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cool, I admit I didn't watch Prime a lot, a little too serious for me. But it was by no means a bad show and I know a lot of fans will be happy to see a Prim-esque show return. And a lot of fans will be happy to start nitpicking again, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Suffice to say, Prime is what the movies should have been. Though it was a pretty serious show. They got to the point of almost killing off a child character, but Hasbro put their foot down on that one. Seems like this next one sounds like it might be a little lighter and kid friendly. But so didn't Animated, and that had some extremely dark serious moments as well.

Of course, for the questionable kind of dramatic, Beast Machines was serious, but in a not that great way. I got through the whole thing in like less than a week, and there's stuff I genuinely like about it, but they could have easily called the show "Beast Bad Decisions" or "Optimus Primal has his head up his Servo." Just totally head smacking stuff. Like how they were oh so concerned to de-brainwash their allies, but were just that thickheaded to not de-brainwash Thrust into becoming Waspinator. I mean, let's not get rid of Megatron's competent henchman and make the fight easier, am I right? I'm getting off track.

I've enjoyed every Transformers series I've seen so far (with the exception of the Unicron Trilogy animes), I'd say my faves are the original series, Animated, and Prime...eh, I'm throwing in Rescue Bots as well.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Spoiler warning: They have also stated (that Prime's spirit will communicate with Bumblebee)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Rescue Bots I could watch anytime. Its genuinely written well, the characters are witty and endearing and they don't take themselves so pretentiously seriously.

I agree that Prime should be praised for removing all the stupid from the Bay aesthetic. Really I just wished the show had more "filler" episodes where the characters could breathe a little and not just be constantly intense and grim. Plus, yeah I know he's popular, but Starscream ended up too out of character for me. Knockout was more of a Starscream than he was (hence why I probably liked him best, hehe).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The episodes are all a little interconnected, so it is hard to just watch a random episode. I wound up accidentally watching a third season episode when I wasn't done with the second season and was completely confused by the whole thing. But Starscream was really back in character in that one. Probably also turned out to actually be right, but that would require me to skip even further ahead.

Rescue Bots is easier to get into since, while there is continuity, it isn't heavy. Yet, it gets a lot of disrespect for being a show geared towards younger audiences. Go figure.

I just wish the toys were more show accurate. They have been recently, but I have yet to see a Blades that looks like the Blades in the cartoon. I'm very glad they finally released a figure of Doc Greene, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone ready for terrible news? Robots in Disguise will now air on the "Holy crap, do we hate action programming Channel" also known as CN. EVEN though Discovery Family still will air other Hasbro shows, Hasbro decided it was a good idea to let a network that Thundercats, Beware the Batman, and even former cash cow Ben 10 have been brutally cancelled from, and hasn't had a single action cartoon thrive on the channel since Brave and the Bold ended. The same CN that couldn't wait to cancel TFA (Wal*Mart is also to blame), and then refused to let Hasbro get the rights to their own show, leaving the entire series without a DVD release for years.

Even Pokemon is shooed off at like 7 Am. Pokemon. I really think this is a poor fit, a bad choice, and Discovery Family is going to be filled with the same bargain basement edutainment nature garbage that no one already watches on every single Saturday Morning line up ever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even though CN has a history of screwing over many action shows since Samurai Jack (it was supposed to end with a movie, but the network had second thoughts ever since the Powerpuff Girls Movie tanked in theaters), it's at least a more accessible network.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but they're trading accessibility for dependability. When they have to shove perennial hit Pokemon at 7:30 in the morning, you know something's wrong. This will fit in quite nicely with CN's hypocritical "only toy line shows, but only toylines of our shows" mentality. They don't want shows that can't churn out merchandise, and they don't care for shows that are merchandise heavy that they don't own the copyright to. In other words, they want it both ways and neither way at the same time.

Unless there's a major channel restructuring, especially giving the Saturday Morning Line up shows that aren't on the network's regular schedule anyway, I don't see this lasting a month before being banished to the "we want the show to fail" 6 Am slot. I still don't see why Hasbro can't at least try this show on their small bit of the network they have before dumping it on a network that's screwed with them hard in the past.