The Muppets The Gift of the Magi help

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I need to catch up with someone who owns this big advent calendar, because the one I found is missing book 24. If you have it, will you "conversate" me, please? I need some help!

Ruahnna

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hey I'm missing a book on mine too... #11 I believe... do you want me to send you the text for 24?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Actually I sent it to you. I scanned the images but also sent the text in case it didn't come out clear.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I absolutely do! Here's the text for #11.

#11 The Shortcut: Kermit lovingly polished the face of his precious watch with his handkerchief. He still did not have a present for Miss Piggy, and time was running out. "I think I'll try that new story, Della's Boutique," he said to himself. To save time, he took a shortcut through the park. A sizable crowd has gathered around the ice-skating rink.
"Look at that skater!" yelled a boy in the crowd. "He's about to do a dangerous flip!"
That's cray, thought Kermit. He'll never make it.
"There he goes!" shouted the boy. "One somersault...two somersaults...three... Uh-oh!" There was a gasp from the crowd as they watched the daredevil come crashing down on the ice. The skater lay still as could be.
"Yikes!" shouted Kermit. "I think I know him!" He ran out onto the ice to see if he could help.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I hope that worked...I've never used the conversation thing before (or at least not for a long time anyways)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Yay! Thank you! I got your pictures and text in my "conversations"--well done.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Have been eyeballing used-in-good-condition copies of this online; is it worth the purchase? The CONCEPT is cute, but how's the art?

--------------

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The art is "okay." The story is "okay." I think they could have done better to manipulate the story to the characters than the characters to the story. One of my favorite versions of this story is the Sesame Street version. Ernie trades his Rubber Duckie to Mr. Hooper to buy Bert a cool cigar box to put his paper clip collection in. Bert, of course, trades his paper clip collection to Mr. Hooper to buy Ernie a soap dish for Rubber Ducky. At the end of the story, Mr. Hooper returns both of their gifts as Christmas presents and--as Mr. Hooper walks toward his home, Bert and Ernie wish him "Happy Hanukkah." You can see the art at the following Muppet Wiki link:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Gift_of_the_Magi

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Yes -- have seen that version, and I like the happy ending! :smile: Not to mention..the Hoop. Miss that man still.

Thanks for the review; I may still get myself a copy. I always loved advent calendars!

-------------