The Muppets Take Manhattan Alternate Ending

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just come up an alternate ending for The Muppets Take Manhattan. The wedding scene will stay. I was thinking to add a scene probably during or after the credits. In this scene, the Muppets musical Manhattan Melodies just won 8 Tony Awards including Best Musical in 1984. Yes, I'm going to erase the winner of 1984 is La Cage Aux Folles. Because I'm not a fan of that musical. And I'm going to add a couple guest star cameos: Julie Andrews & Robert Preston that are the hosts of the Tony Awards 1984. I never seen the Tony Awards in 1984, I started watching the Tonys in 2001. So, here it is.

(During or after the credits we fade to a Tony Award ceremony where Julie Andrews and Robert Preston were on the podium to announce the nominees.)

Julie: The nominees for Best Musical are, Baby.

(Audience applaused)

Robert: Manhattan Melodies

(Audience applaused wildly)

Julie: Sunday In the Park With George

(Audience applaused)

Robert: and The Tap Dance Kid.

(Audience applaused)

Julie: And the Tony Award for Best Musical in 1984 goes to...(Julie opens the envelope.) Manhattan Melodies!

(The applause goes wild and then we saw Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Scooter, and the Electric Mayhem are dressed up and they're coming down the aisle excited. COming down the aisle are Pete, Jenny, and the Producer Ronnie Crawford. The Muppets came on stage and Julie Andrews give the Tony Award to Ronnie and makes his speech.)

Ronnie: First of all, I want to thank my dad for letting me produce this fantastic musical, and the Muppets performing in it they we're marvelous. And Jenny designing the costumes. I want to thank everybody to make this show possible. Thank you.

(The audience applaused, but the ceremony isn't over yet. The Muppets urge Kermit a speech and people gave Kermit a thunderous applause.)

Kermit: Thank you. You know , we've been working on this musical for a couple years and it was a big hit at the Danhurst College. When my friends decided to take our musical to Broadway and we thought we were failures. But, Ronnie make our dream possible. Until I got amnesia and I got recover by Piggy's karate chop. (Audience laugh and Miss Piggy gave a laugh.) But, what's important is never give up on your dreams. As long you bellieve, your dream will come true. And I could done it with my friends. (Audience applaused.) Thank you Ronnie, Jenny, Pete, and you for making this Manhattan Melodies an exquisite extranaganza! Thank you.

(The audience gave kermit and the gang a one last thunderous applause and the Muppets lift Kermit as he was the hero and Kermit even raised his Tony for Best Actor in a Musical. and the credits move on or end of movie.)